Coming Out & Corrections

I've been working on this for a couple days and I really like it!

Credit to @/sanderssides_prompts on Instagram, really go follow them-

Analogical

TW: One swear word, it's just Remus being Remus

Third Person POV

"Virgil?" Logan said quietly into the dark room. It was about three in the morning, and both of them were lying in bed awake.

"Hmm?" Came their boyfriend's sleepy reply.

"I have something to tell you." They flipped the lamp on and sat up, pulling the covers up with them. Virgil sat up, rubbing his eyes and looking at Logan expectantly. "I don't quite know how to say this..." they admitted, shifting uncomfortably.

"Maybe texting it will be easier Lo," Virgil replied. He knew by now that Logan could stammer over words for an hour before forming what was needing to be said.

"It would feel different and... impersonal. I just figured I'd say, um. I'm nonbinary." Virgil sat up, looking at Logan before smiling and hugging them.

"Pronouns?"

"They, them." Logan had tears in their eyes and wiped them away. "Sorry, I usually don't get emotional about these things."

"Logan," Virgil paused to make sure he used the right name and continued after a nod from them, "you are my partner. You have been for almost six years. You have every right to get emotional about this. Were you scared?" Logan quietly admitted they were. "Then see, it is an emotional thing. Besides, coming out is draining." Logan laughed a little before yawning. "Thank you for proving my point, now, my goofus, shall we sleep?"

Logan smiled a little and flopped over backwards. "Please." Virgil cuddled up to them, and they both fell asleep.

Virgil woke up in the morning with his partner curled into his side. Their face was relaxed and peaceful, drool dripping from the corner of their mouth. And gods above, Virgil would be lying if he didn't say he loved that look. It was one of few times Logan actually looks content, and he adored it.

He grabbed his phone off the bedside table and snapped a picture, jumping when the shutter sound effect went off loudly. Logan stirred, sitting up and rubbing their eyes sleepily.

"Morning boyfriend," they said groggily. That was their standard morning greeting.

"Morning bo- joyfriend," Virgil replied, catching himself quickly.

"So I didn't dream that conversation," Logan said, putting on their glasses before cuddling next to Virgil.

"Nope. And I have a quick question about that." Logan hummed as an answer. "Can I correct the others? Since I don't know if you want me to do that, I figured I'd ask."
The other nodded, letting out a large yawn.

"Yes, please. Thank you for your consideration, it means a lot. Just, try not to be too aggressive since I'm not really 'out' to them yet," they replied, hopping out of bed and slipping on a baggy shirt. "Mm need coffee."

Virgil snickered, putting on his hoodie before following Logan out of their shared bedroom. Logan was well on their way to the kitchen when Patton stopped them.

"Morning Logie!"

Logan grumbled in reply, clearly not awake enough to bother themself with a proper response. Virgil just snickered.

"They're just tired Pat, give them some time and coffee," he said, surprising himself with how quickly he adapted to the new pronouns.

"Oh, I suppose. You two never sleep properly! I don't know who's worse- you or him!" Patton smiled, bouncing towards the kitchen.