Chapter Eleven

Diana is still sat on the floor of the apartment as she watches Crowley interact with her children. She doesn't feel as protective over them with him as she does with the others in her life. Crowley is her family, her blood. And he's never hurt her. Alaric's ghost lingers close to Crowley, unsure of him with his children.

"Look at how adorable they are" Crowley teases smiling down at the twins, his fingers touching their cheeks. "With their little feet and their little fingers...." Diana shoots him a look and shakes her head.

"Look at you" She counters. "Demon being all soft" He shrugs and moves towards her, he smirks a little.

"I remember when you were that size" He admits. "Bald as a cue ball" Diana snorts a little. "You were tiny...you both were" She brushes her hand over her cheek. "I was so scared that first time I held you...in case I broke you"

"I didn't know that you...that you even saw us"

"Day you were born, before you were taken away from your mother, before they split you and Eva apart...I was there....me and Athena both were...." she looks up at him. "We both knew you were meant for greatness, could feel it in your bones"

"Sorry, we both disappointed" Diana states.

"Eva repented in the end..." Crowley counters. "And your story's not over yet, Diana...."

"Feels like it is" She whispers and takes a deep breath. "Why are you here, Crowley?" Diana asks him. He nods a little.

"I am here to help you" He answers, she snorts and shakes her head.

"The last time you 'helped' me, you taught me how to torture people" He nods in agreement. "So what is it?"

"You need to let it out," Crowley tells her as he motions to her necklace with his fingers.

"No" Alaric scolds as he moves around them, pacing.

"No, I can't" Diana argues with Crowley. "The way I am feeling, being her would just make it worse"

"Did you know that demons are fallen angels?" Crowley asks.

"Yeah, I know" Diana answers. Crowley looks at her and gives her a sad smile before looking straight at Alaric.

"Wasn't talking to you, Princess" Crowley admits, Diana frowns and looks around to see what Crowley is looking at.

"I am literally the only other person here" She scolds turning back to Crowley. Crowley sits across from her on the floor.

"No, you're not" He counters. Diana frowns. "Being a demon means that I have a unique insight into the underworld and the other side.....you're not alone...." Diana frowns at him. "Your husband is here" Diana gasps a little.

"What?" she asks him.

"I don't think he really left you" Crowley answers, Alaric shakes his head in agreement. Diana starts crying all over again, she covers her mouth and nose as she weeps.

"What does this have to do with her crystal?" Alaric asks Crowley.

"I'm getting to it" Crowley scolds, Diana lowers her hands.

"What?" she asks. "What is he saying?" Crowley touches her necklace.

"He's asking about this...." He answers. "Princess...When you removed all the darkness inside of you, you removed your capability of dealing with such extreme pain" Crowley explains. "Your soul doesn't know what to do with how you are feeling, that's why it's been reaching into the crystal, it's been asking the other side of you for help because it doesn't know how to do that" Diana looks down at her necklace. "You need to let it out so you can deal with this pain"

"But she's evil..." She counters. "She murders and hurts..."

"That's why I am here" Crowley offers. "Demons are fallen angels....but when you fall....you can also rise" He leans closer to her.

"So...I can purify the demon and make it into an angel?" she asks him.

"No...You can at least learn to control that side of you..." He corrects. "When you were a demon, you still retained that side of you that would do anything for the ones you love" He points out. "Demons still understand the bonds of family" He motions to himself. "Case and point..."

"Yeah, well, you've always been a little different...." She counters.

"Less murdering more...."

"Pranking" She finishes for him. "You prank humans" Crowley pulls a face and then nods in agreement.

"See, you're my great...something daughter" he points out. "Means there must be something like that in you"

"And if I can't?" She asks him. "If it just makes me worse...."

"I'll put it back" He promises her. She sighs and shakes her head.

"I should have just stayed in Greece" She whispers. "Elena would have died...Ric would still be alive"

"Never would have met you" Alaric counters. Crowley looks at him.

"What?" Diana asks. Crowley smirks a little and turns back to her.

"He says he would never have met you"

"That's not a bad thing" She argues quietly. "He's currently dead...anything that would have prevented that is a good thing..." she touches her necklace. "If I let the demon side out....will I see him?" She whispers. Crowley nods a little.

"It'll be easier for you, you're connected...." Diana lets out a breath and pulls off her necklace.

"What does he think?" She asks Crowley as she draws her fingers over the crystal. Crowley raises an eyebrow at Alaric who sighs.

"If she chooses to do this just because of me....no" Alaric admits. "I don't...think she should....but if it will help her heal...then....yes"

"That's not really an answer" Crowley points out.

"It's still my answer" Alaric counters. "This has to be her choice...not mine" He looks at Diana. "She has to do what she feels is best for her...." Crowley nods a little and turns to Diana.

"It's your choice" he offers, she sighs and closes her eyes to think. It is a big decision, to let out that part of her that she has worked so hard to keep locked away. To let out the thing that threatens to change her beyond recognition, the thing that has always threatened that. But Crowley is telling her that it might be the only thing that will help her. The only thing that will allow her to see Alaric again. She opens her eyes and looks at Crowley. 

"I know what I have to do" She admits sadly.