Chapter 31: A Twist

January 24th, 2019...

5:00 am

Our first exam was set to be done today at 8:00 am, so today I had my music class. I thought I would get up very early to review and practice my fingering (the positioning of the fingers when playing the notes) as we had to perform a individual piece that was given to us at random based on our instrument.

I video called Irene in the morning since she woke up earlier to study for her exam as well, so we decided to chat While I cleaned my instrument and she memorize terms for her first class.

In our schools, we only have one exam a day. So from Thursday to Tuesday (with excluding weekends) we take it in order of our schedule and by around 11:00am we go home early and prepare for the next one.

I was just making sure the buttons on my flute were cleaned under when Irene suddenly brought up something.

"So how was the study session with Dante?" She says suggestively.

I roll my eyes at her and smile to myself thinking of what happened.

5 Days Ago...

After that uneventful French practise with Dante at my house, we spent time playing with Chris and were able to watch a scary movie in my home theatre.

Wanting to prove I wasn't a scaredy cat, we made bets to see if I would be able to watch it or not.

5 minutes into the movie I end up hiding under my blanket and holding onto Dante's arm like a clingy sloth.

"Not scared huh?" Dante chuckled and I hit him in his chest and he winches.

"Don't be like that! Just let me hibernate under this blanket until the movie is over."

I start shivering under the blanket after looking at the TV and immediately retreating under my safe zone.

Suddenly, I feel a soft hand pat my head.

"Hey I'm just joking around...you know you can hug me for the rest of the movie  as long as you stop hiding." He says playfully and I roll my eyes.

"Please, I would rather stay here!" Just as I'm about to say something else a high-pitched deafening scream comes from the movie.

"AH!" By impulse I immediately hug Dante's chest and hide my head under his shoulder.

"Don't. Say. A Word." I tell Dante sternly and he chuckles softly before wrapping the blanket tighter around me.

"Okay...I won't." He pats my head slowly pulling me closer and I snuggle into his chest nervously as I force myself to keep my eyes on the TV Screen.

By the time the movie's over, I sigh in relief, proud of myself for overcoming that horrible experience.

"Hey Dante, you're right it wasn't too bad. What do you want to do now?" I ask him softly.

I look over to him and my eyes widened seeing his eyes closed and his body slumped over on the armrest of the couch.

Giggling, I stand up turning off the TV and lay a blanket over him as I head upstairs to get an afternoon snack.

And the rest of the evening — carried on peacefully and tranquil.

Present...

"That's all the details I'm getting! Come on Kiara we're both already sleep deprived! You might as well just tell me what happened next." Irene pesters me to continue but I smile shaking my head.

"Nothing else happened Irene, I waited on the couch for him to be awake while reading my book and once Dante woke up he left immediately after saying bye to everyone."