Part 1

"There's going to be a considerable downpour tonight." My beautiful Bella stood by the vast window in my parent's living area. We stopped by earlier that evening. We want Renesmee to get more comfortable eating human food, for we hope to give her the most "normal" kind of childhood. Esme offered to have us over for dinner, cooking mac and cheese, and baking cookies with Renesmee. Esme has plenty of wisdom, selecting prominent meals among children to get Renesmee to eat. Her strategy always functions very well, as Renesmee ate 1/3 of a bowl of mac and cheese and a few cookies. She was making abundant progress with human food, and Bella and I couldn't thank Esme enough for her help. Renesmee always made us so proud and impressed with every challenge she overcame.

She had finished with her meal and settled down on the sofa with Emmett, both of them watching Hannah Montana. Emmett has a soft spot for cheesy family sitcoms. I peered over at Bella, sensing an unease coming from her. She still despised the rain as she had when she first arrived in Forks. It had been lightly raining all day as per usual, but I'm presuming the weather forecast was going to take a more than awful turn. I stood and strolled over to Bella. "Everything will be fine, my love." I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me. Hopefully providing comfort, as the weather seemed to be making her pretty uneasy. She looked at me and smiled as she nodded. She rested her head in the crook of my neck for a few minutes as we watched the sky together. It was already dark outside and nearing 9:30. Nessie had to be in bed soon. I turned my head around to see how she was doing because Bella kept maintaining her shield for Renesmee so I couldn't hear her thoughts. Her eyes were drooping, and she appeared as if she were to fall asleep at any moment. I turned back to look at Bella and shook my head to the side. She understood my indication, and in a second she had Renesmee in her arms walking to tell everyone we were heading out.

The rain had picked up by an interesting amount, but luckily for us we always had umbrellas. It is Forks after all. I opened one and stood next to Bella and Ness. One hand holding it over us, and the other around my girls. I looked and smiled at Nessie. Her eyes were widened as she gave a sheepish smile back to me. "We'll be home soon, my love. Don't fret." It seemed to have comforted her a little, but I sensed the same uneasy feeling Bella had in the house. It has only been a month since our altercation with the Volturi. Everyone had been winding down and relieving their tension from the event, except for Renesmee. She seems to be more secluded from everyone. Her sociability has been declining. She isn't talking as much and doesn't show us many visions. I wish I knew what was bothering her and that she would talk to me or Bella. Or even Jacob for that matter, but none of us know what is going on. If only Bella would let down her shield so I could see what is going through her head, but she refuses. "Every girl needs her privacy, especially from her parents." she reiterates. She does have a valid point. I couldn't imagine what it must be like to have a mind reader for a father.