Part 2

In less than a minute, we arrived at our lovely little cottage. I set the umbrella down and opened the door for my loves. As we stepped in, Nessie tapped Bella's arm to let her down. "I'm going to bed now, goodnight." Her sleepy little head drooped as she spoke. "Are you sure you don't want me and daddy to tuck you in?" Bella asked her. We had gone from tucking her in every night, to a few nights a week. These were some of the moments I had looked forward to the most becoming a father, ending the day ensuring my angel was sound asleep and resting. I couldn't believe it was coming to a halt. It had only been 5 months since Renesmee was born and unlike most parents, we'd only have 7 years until she was fully grown which makes every moment like this significantly important. She was still young, and I know Bella wanted to have these bedtime moments too.

"No thank you." She gave us both hugs as she sleepily waddled off to her room, as Bella and I exchanged glances. "She's growing up too fast, Edward." I could feel her sadness as she dropped down on the couch. "I know Bella. I always knew what little time we'd have with her at this age, but I wasn't expecting 5 months to be the turning point where she didn't need her parents to tuck her in anymore." Bella gave me a pity smile and rubbed my shoulder. I extended my arm and she leaned in, resting her body on mine. She fit perfectly in my arm. The rain had really picked up now, with bouts of thunder and lighting. We both looked at the nearest window then at each other. "How about something to take our minds off?" She pressed the on the button and the first thing that popped up was a rerun of growing pains. I growled at the screen while Bella chuckled. We flipped through channels before deciding one of our DVD movies was the best option. I got up to get us some cups of deer blood from our blood fridge.

After 45 minutes or so of mindless watching and talking about our day, Bella decided she was bored and needed a change of pace in our activities. Of course, I wouldn't object. She got up and walked toward our bedroom, giving me silly faces as she walked funny backward. I laughed. "I'll meet you there." She always knew how to cheer me up, as I was still thinking about Renesmee. "I'm worried about her too, but let's let her rest. We can "sleep" on how to talk to her tomorrow." She was right. It was late and though we don't get physically tired, our problems can be very mentally draining. I got up to wash our cups as a big strike of lightning happened outside, followed by a massive cacophony of thunder. I hope Renesmee is sleeping through all of this. After I finished and put the cups away, I made my way over to check up on her. Right before I could pass Nessie's room, another extremely loud strike of thunder hit. I could've sworn I heard a light scream, or scared noise coming from Renesmee's room.