037. i hate compliments

"your practically dating anyway, just ask her" Ness sighed, doing her makeup at her vanity whilst jaden stood behind her.
"What if she says no?"
nessa paused and stared at him through her mirror, raising her eyebrows. "she wont"

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"niamh?" jaden called out, walking into the girls house and closing the door behind him.
"I'm in my room" she shouted back.
jaden kicked off his shoes and jogged up the stairs.
"woah it looks clean in here" his eyes widened as he stepped into the nearly spotless room, expecting it to be in its usual state of clothes, dishes and trash everywhere.
"thanks Jay" she smiled widely at the black haired boy as she put a stack of books on a shelf.
"do you wanna go out tonight?" he asked
"like out out or just us?" she inquired, tilting her head to the side
"just us" jaden smiled "I've got something planned"
"that scares me"

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"jaden you went past the turning" niamh mentioned as jaden drove his car straight past their usual stargazing field.
"yeah I found a new place, I think your going to love it" he smiled
"again your scaring me Jay, what are we doing"
"you'll see"

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

"woah" niamhs eyes lit up as she saw vines dangling down from a bridge that covered the almost clear-blue water beneath it. "this is beautiful"
jaden watched her in awe as she sat on the edge of the river bank and watched the swans and ducks as they swam.
"you're beautiful" he smiled, sitting down next to her.
"stop it, I hate compliments" she said, covering her face with her hair to hide her blushing cheeks
"niamh, will you be my girlfriend?" jaden asked, his own cheeks going pink.
"what" niamh turned to look at him
"it doesn't matter-" jaden suddenly regretted asking without warning
"no I heard you- are you serious?" niamg questioned
"yeah I just-" he itched the back of his neck as he spoke
"yes" the girl interrupted him
"really" he lifted his head
"yes, I'll be your girlfriend jaden" niamh smiled as the pair kissed, now as an official couple.