Chapter 11.

UWA

The elevator stops and I walk on the floor then see an office with the the label 'Chief Executive Officer'. I take in a deep breath before knocking on the door.

"Come in." A voice says from inside the office.

I step into the office and my eyes meet that of the annoying and rude man from the coffee shop.

"What are you doing in my office?" He asks. Wow, so he is the CEO and the person I will be working with, I am dead. My village people have finally found me. I clear my throat and speak.

"Good morning, Sir." I say to him.

"Why are you in my office? I was told that they were sending my assistant up. Wait a minute. That is you?" He asks, smirking.

"Yes, Sir." I say.

"Interesting." He smirks at me again.

"Guy, how far." Another voice says, opening the door, interrupting our conversation.

"Oh! It seems you are busy." He says, looking at him before directing his gaze at me.

"You look familiar. Uwa, right?" He asks.

"Yes. From Ihe's place." I smile at him. He seems nice, at least nicer than his friend.

"Now unfortunately my assistant." My boss says and I look back at him, noticing the wooden plaque on his table that has 'Ayodeji Olujimi Shodeinde' crested with gold markings on it.

"Interesting." He says.

"Welcome to the company. I am Timilehin Akande, the COO." He smiles at me.

"Ohh. Thank you." I reply.

"I will excuse you two. Later, Deji." He says, leaving me once more with this man.

"So, engineering.?" He asks.

"Yes." I reply.

"How come you were working at a spa?" Not a spa, but a beauty parlour I wanted to correct but I just keep quiet because technically, I worked at the spa section there.

"Sir, I...I could not get a job after..." I say but he cuts me shut.

"I don't want to here your excuse at failure." He says, stopping me with a raise of his hand. I have entered one chance. When I finally get a job, it just has to be with this man. Well, I will have to do my best to discharge my duties properly. I can't lose this job.

"Sit, Ms.?" He asks.

"Abieyuwa Gift Omozuwa." I reply.

"Pfft. What sort of name is that?" He asks, mocking me. Honestly, this guy is making a fuss out of a coffee spill mistake and it is very annoying.