Chapter 32.

DEJI

Why will anyone decide to play a girl like her? To be honest, the issue with Kayode pissed me off yesterday. However, on the bright side, an obstacle has been shoved off without me even making any severe moves or taking extreme measures. She is sad about it but the selfish part of me is glad that the asshole is getting away from her grasp forever since he is getting married, making her single and available. In my head, I chuckle at the last part.

Currently, I am at the mall, purchasing sponge cake and ice-cream for her. Which flavors will she like? After calling Shalewa continuously for five minutes and she did not pick, I finally settle for a combo of different flavors for ice-cream and for cake, chocolate. Girls usually like chocolate cake, right?

On my way out after paying, a neck piece captures my attention and I stop in my tracks, going back to admire it. This will look very nice on her. However, I know this is not the right time give it to her. Still, I pick it up and pay for it before finally taking my leave.

Since when did I go back to caring so much for someone other than my friends and family? Uwa.

I carefully drop the edibles at the back seat of my car and zoom off to pay her a visit. Fun thing; she does not know I am coming.

Once I arrive, I nod in greeting to the gateman and alight the vehicle to go to her apartment. Balancing the things on one hand, I knock on her door, suddenly anxious.

"Hi." Crop top and bum shorts. Is this how she opens her doors to visitors because this is a first. Maybe it is because I always inform her before coming. Her skin, though. It looks rich and swoon worthy. She snaps her fingers across my face to get my attention. What she does not know is that she has it one hundred percent.

"Please come in." She says, giving way for me to enter the house.

"Forgive my manners. Good afternoon, Uwa." I say to her.

"Was expecting my bestfriend. Please hold on for a while, Sir." She dashes out to her room.

"Please call me Deji." My voice fades behind her form as I am not so sure she heard that last part. She returns but this time, wearing a long ankle-length gown. Way to go with my imaginations. She still did not look bad in this piece, though.

"I got something for you. If you don't mind, we could share." I say to her and notice how her expression soften.

"Thank you." She smiles at me, looking at the contents of the bag. She sets it on a stool and we dive in. I notice she ate the cake little by little but as for the ice-cream, she took with so much joy and enthusiasm. I mostly ate the larger portion of the cake.

"You did not like the cake?" I ask in fear.

"I do." She says, forcing a smile. Her smile says one thing but her body language says something else.

"Seriously?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Okay. To be honest, Chocolate is actually not a flavor I fancy when it comes to cake. I prefer vanilla to it." She says, quietly with her hair falling down her face.

"Alright. I will take note of that next time." I say to her, noticing the question in her eyes when I said 'next time'.

"So, about what I wanted to discuss with you." Her head immediately shoots up and she uses her hand to move her hair. I so badly want it to be my hand doing that instead.

"Can we start over? I might not have been the best of bosses to you over the months you have been working with me but I want to try with you." I state.

"What are you implying?" She asks.

"I am sorry. That is what I mean. Can we at least be friends?" I ask her.

"Hmmmm. Can I give it some thoughts?" She asks.

"Nahhh....the last time you told me that, we both know how it turned out. So, No can do." I say to her, matter-of- factly.

"Okay. I have conditions, Sir." She says.

"Deji." I say to correct her.

"Alright. Deji. Happy now?" She raises an eyebrow at me in amusement.

"Yes." I say to her.

"I said I have some conditions. One, you have to respect me. Two, no snide comments. Three, whenever you are angry at something I do, please don't shut me out." She says. If this is whatvshe wants before agreeing to go  into friendship with me, it should not be so much of a big deal.

"Is that all?" I ask her.

"There might be a fourth one but I will let you know if need be." She says, shrugging.

"Hi. I am Ayodeji Olujimi Shodeinde but you can call me Deji." I state, extending my hand for a shake. She chuckles before placing her hands in mine.

"Abieyuwa Gift Omozuwa. Call me Uwa." She says. An idea comes to my head and I voice it out.

"Can I call you Gift instead?" I ask her since I don't think I have ever heard anyone call her that before.

"Uhmmm... Sure. It's my name too but if you call me Gift, I should call you Jimi too." She says nervously, attempting to take her hands off mine but I hold it firmly, smiling to her.

"That can work." I say back.

"Thank you." I press a light kiss on her hands before finally releasing it. Baby steps.

A knock sounds on the door and she stands up to answer it. I hear some muffled sounds by the door before a bubbly figure walks into the room.

"Woah! Did I miss the party?" She says. So, this is her bestfriend?

"Shut up and sit down." Uwa pinches her sides and she flinches in pain.

"You don't know that your hand is painful, abi (right)?" She asks, rolling her eyes at Uwa before walking towards me.

"Hi. I am Nimi, the cheerful one in the bestieship." She says with a smile, before extending her hands for a shake. I return the gesture and let out a laugh.

"Pleasure meeting you, Nimi. Deji." I say to her.

"Pleasure is all mine." She says back, smiling with an underlying scrutinizing look. She turns to look at Uwa and I almost missed the wink she sent her way.

Women!

If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad, you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in it’s original, safe, form, please go to https://my.w.tt/3BYW89z3M8 to read it. Thank you.