Chapter 1

Third POV.

"Grandpa!" Aggie screamed as she threw herself at the older man, he laughed happily as he swung her tiny body in a circle. She giggled in his arms as she heard her mother walk over to them, she could hear her tut from her loud laughs.

"Dad!" Lucy reaches the pair and grabs her small child, shaking her head. "You know how that could hurt her, and she gets ill so easily." Lucy warns, Aggie shimmies out of her arms and rushes to her grandpa again. The older man shakes his head at his daughter and smiles down at his granddaughter. She smiles up at him and grips onto his calloused hand.

"Ignore her, Aggie, I'll show you your present." She nods as she walks into the smaller house and awaits her present. She knows it's going to be a stuffed animal, and she's not excited for it. They seriously creep her out, and she's scared that they'll eat her when she sleeps.

She holds her hands out as he puts a small cat in her hand, she winces as she looks at it's glassy eyes, it really was terrifying, especially for a nine-year-old girl. "Thank you!" She looks into his eyes and smiles sweetly, hiding her terror.

He rubs her head and she rushes into her bedroom, it was clean and her favourite colour, a pastel yellow. She shoves the cat under her bed and puts her backpack on the bed. She smiles as she sees the pink cat on the bag and opens it. She grabs her heart medication and puts it on the bedside table. This was one of the only responsibilities she had, she needed to take two of the special white tablets every day. And she couldn't forget, or else she could get rushed to hospital.

Her two older brothers, Michael was a couple of years older, and Sam was only six months older, she was premature, would always pester her and tell her that she needs to take them. But without them there for her, she would need to be especially careful to remember them.

Shaking her head to get out of the daydream, she looks to the opening door and smiles at her mother as she enters. "Mommy." Aggie hugs her mother and smiles into her long hippie dress.

Lucy runs her hands through her daughter's long black hair as she admires her daughter. Aggie was her little miracle, her little fighter, her baby. She was her saviour, Lucy knew if it wasn't for her children, she would have taken her life years ago because of her husband. He was emotionally abusive, and he would always shout at her children. He would cheat, and he would hit Lucy sometimes. Luckily no one knew this, she kept her children away from the violence, and Mark would never touch her angels.

"Mommy loves you, Aggie." Lucy whispers into her dark hair, smiling.

"Aggie loves you too, mommy." Aggie giggles at her mommy's silliness as she feels her nuzzle into her hair. She starts giggling as the woman's fingers dig into her sides and starts to tickle her. She squeals and pulls away to catch her breath, Lucy laughs in delight at her beautiful girl.

"I need to go now, baby." Lucy watches her angel's eyes fill with tears as her plump bottom lip trembles. "I'll see you soon, Aggie." Aggie's tears fall down her chubby cheeks as she nods. Lucy kisses the girl on the forehead and smiles at her baby. Tears also in her eyes.

"Love you, mommy!" Aggie shouts as Lucy goes to leave the room.

"Love you too, baby!" With that, Lucy leaves and Aggie cries.

Aggie laughs at her grandad as the two eat some of his special ice cream, she was only allowed it on special occasions, and this was one of them. He just told her that she would be going to the boardwalk the next day, and she couldn't wait. She's always wanted to go, but never allowed. But now she was, and she was incredibly excited about it all.