𝟕

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝒜𝒻𝓇𝒶𝒾𝒹"

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Tayler's POV

I had gotten back from Sommer's house pretty late, expecting no one to be up at that time of night. I was supposed to be babysitting, but no one has time for that. Especially when I know there are about a million better things I could be doing with my time other than watching my little sister. I figured she would be fine since both Chase and Noen were there with her, and since both of them are older than Malani, I was under the impression that she would be under good supervision. I was wrong. This time around, maybe babysitting would have been the better option after all.

I walked into the house and everything was quiet. I thought that was normal because it was 2 am and I assumed everyone would be asleep by now. I made my way up the stairs to go check on Malani, but found myself suprised when I opened the bedroom door she wasn't even in her room. No Malani, only Chase and Noen. Noen was clearly out of it as he laid silently with his hoodie over his head on the floor. Chase however, was still wide awake and staring at his phone. It wasn't long before Chase noticed me standing in the doorway, causing him to jerk back in shock, dropping his phone in the process.

"T-Tayler, you're home early." The boy choked out awkwardly. I rolled my eyes, automatically knowing that something was up. "Chase, it's 2 AM." I said pointimg to the alarm clock on the bedside table. Chase looked flustered. The older boy scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Well, would ya look at that, you're right." He said, turning away from me to pick his phone up from off the floor.

I walked into the room and stood next to the bed. "Where's my sister, Hudson?" I asked in a stern voice. Chase turned around as he picked up his phone and got up off of the ground. "Did you not hear me the first time? Where's my sister, Cole?" I repeated myself, this time slightly louder. The younger boy stared at me with wide eyes, obviously taken aback by my use of his government name in order to grt his attention. He ran a hand over his face and sighed. "She w-." Before he could finish, I heard the sound of the door opening and closing downstairs. Immediately knowing who it was, I glared Chase down before turning away from him and towards the staircase.

When I got downstairs, none other than Malani, my sister who was obviously not able to listen, was locking the door quietly behind her. She turned away from the door immediately locker eyes with me. She jumped quickly in shock, but quickly looked away from me and walked into the kitchen without a word as if she hadn't seen me at all. I could only see her face for a few seconds before she was gone, but I could already tell something was wrong. I could've sworn I saw a tear trickle down her cheek. Malani would never just leave without telling me. And the fact that she had snuck out at two in the morning only to come home crying only raised my concern. I followed the younger girl into the kitchen and sat down at the counter beside her.

Malani simply laid there on the counter with her head laid in her folded arms. I listened closely to the small sobs coming from her. I had a feeling that I knew exactly what had happened, exactly why she had snuck out, and exactly who she went to see. I put my hand on her back and leaned my head down, trying to level my face with hers. "Go away Tayler." I heard her muffled voice say. I frowned. It hurt me to see my little sister in pain like that. Even if we weren't blood-related, I've always felt as if we somehow shared the same pain often. Right about now I should have been more of an "Older brother" and gone on and on about how much trouble she was in for sneaking out, but I didn't. It just didn't feel like the right thing to do.