Welcome

I'm a writer, anything you say or do may be used in a story

Welcome to the Spine Breaker awards!!!

There are a lot of awards out there with the main focus on getting recognition for their fanfiction, this will not be the sole purpose for this award. Instead, we want everyone to have fun and improve their writing along the way. During the awards there will be writing tips and small games that will help you improve your writing. So even if you don't win you still gain experience and knowledge for your future books. Therefore this available for everyone! If your book has just 50 readers or over a million it doesn't matter this award is here for you.

This awards will have two rounds of judging:

Round 1: Cover, description, title, and the beginning of the story (The first 3 chapters).

Round 2: The judge will read the rest of your book and go more into depth for the plot and writing in general (grammar, structure, etc).

Bonus: Writing prompts that anyone can participate in! It does not matter if you have signed up to be a participant or judge in the award, anyone is accepted. This can go for judging the prompts too!

We all know the saying don't judge a book on its cover but we all know that's exactly what we do on Wattpad. Even though we don't want to discourage people there are so many books on Wattpad if you want your book to be recognized there needs to be something that draws people in therefore we will judge your books in two different rounds. The first round is all about first impressions, does your book have what it takes to stand out among the rest and get people drawn in to read your book? Are the first chapters of the book captivating enough to keep the readers interested?

If you make it to the second round the judges will read the rest of the book and go into more detail of your writing and plot.

We all know waiting to get your assignments and waiting for the judges to finish with judging is really boring so we are going to post chapters with writing tips and some other fun stuff during the awards to keep you all on the edge of your seat and to not bore you during the awards. 

The hosts

We are your hosts  Lokidow_Strange_aRMy and jeonjungkookfan0808 or Dreamy_Yasmine. Jeonjungkookfan0808 is the main account but the notifications there are really chaotic so it is recommended if you want a quick reply or not get lost in the notification mess to contact me on dreamy_Yasmine (or contact the other host Lokidow_Strange_aRMy or even better this account ).

Here is a little about us:

Lokidow_Strange_aRMy: I have been an ARMY for a year. I first heard their music in April of 2019 around the time Boy with Luv came out (though my first song was DNA), but I really got into them in September of 2019. My bias is RM and my first bias wrecker was J-hope. After him I did not have a bias wrecker for a while then it was Suga then Jin. I love the maknae line too but I haven't been bias wrecked by them just yet. Even though I joined Wattpad in February of last year, I did not write anything until a year later. I originally joined because a friend wanted me to read some of her work but it did not work out.

My favorite eras so far have been Wings, Love Yourself, and Map of the Soul. Some of my favorite rap line songs (not including mixtapes, just the line as a whole) include Outro: Tear, Ddaeng, UGH!, Cypher 4, and Trivia: Her. With the vocal line, I really like The Untold Truth and Dimple. My favorite solos, including mixtapes, include Serendipity, Euphoria, Trivia: Love, Epiphany, Singularity, My Time, Moon, Persona, Shadow, Ego, Joke, Dechwita, Piece of Peace (P.O.P.), August D, Give It To Me, Hope World, Base Line, Moonchild, Forever Rain, Tony Montana, and What Do You Think. Favorite Group sings include Blood Sweat and Tears, Fake Love, Spring Day, Not Today, Black Swan, We are Bulletproof: pt. 2, Danger, Anpanman, Dope, Boy In Luv, and Boy With Luv.

Jeonjungkookfan0808: I have been an ARMY for 7 years and a kpop for even before that. To be a little bit cliche I was a kpop fan before it was cool XD. So I discovered kpop all the way back in 2007, yes 13 years ago, yes before BTS.

Nowadays the majority of people know what it is, but back then no even knew of the existence, and you were seen as a complete weirdo for liking it. Anyway, how did I get into it kpop then? Me and my best friend were huge fans of anime, we would spend our weekend's binge-watching anime's and loved the language so we also started listening to some Japanese music. Through that, I found the one piece intro sung by tvxq I loved their voices and listened to a few other songs like ''O'' Jung ban hap and somebody to love, but never really got into it. I just listened to a few songs of them until 2009 when survivor, doushite, mirotic (iconic) were released, I started to google them and only then,2 years later, I found out they were actually korean and had split up... I was devastated to know I was too late. Still, I decided to get further into kpop and found shinee, big bang, 2ne1, beast, ft island, cn blue, boa, 2pm, and later infinite, mblaq, b1a4, u-kiss, miss a, and many more. I promised myself to never leave again and to this day am still here.

Don't be afraid to write crap, because crap makes great fertilizer. 

  - Jessica Brody

Read obsessively, write furiously, edit carefully. -

 Sissy Gravrilaki