•5•

Hey guys, just wanted to put a warning up before we begin this chapter. Rape, abuse, and violence will be mentioned briefly in this chapter and also in the chapters to follow. If these things bother you this may not be the book for you, thank you all <3

My muscles ache as Sonya and I walked through the halls of the castle. It was late and she had kept true to her word about our day being long. She had briefly explained Rodericks pack and their beliefs and I honestly couldn't blame my grandfather for banishing him.

He was a vile man, his ways were primal and malicious. The mated women in his pack were only property to the men, they were to cook the meals, have babies, and cater to their men and their friends. It was sickening to hear, women didn't deserve that. The children have it worse from what I've heard, especially girl children.

My muscles screamed in protest as I dragged myself through the castle halls, it's been a while since I trained as hard as I have today. My dad felt with the increased threat of Roderick and his pack that I needed to brush up on some of my training so that if I'm ever caught in a bad situation I can handle myself.

Most of our day was spent practicing close quarter combat; Sonya tested my reflexes and response time.  Tullan was also there to help, he gave me some pointers and made sure I was hydrated as the suns unforgiving rays beat down on us.

"You'll be training again tomorrow, try to take a warm bath or shower to help your muscles and get some rest" Sonya spoke as we neared my room, Jasen stood out front with his arms locked behind his back.

"Evening princess," He greeted with a knowing smile, "Sonya was tough on you today I see." He chuckles as she rolled her eyes. Jasen was an un-mated male, his attraction to Sonya was evident and he was always trying to woo her.

"Something like that," I laughed lightly, "I'll expect you in the morning then?" I glanced to Sonya; her onyx hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail. "Yes you can, have a good sleep. Xylo is standing guard out front of your room tonight."

"Remind me why I have to have round the clock guards again?" I really didn't understand it, it definitely wasn't easy to get into the castle without someone noticing you so there was no way any foul play could happen. 

Sonya sighed as she rubbed her neck, she didn't want to talk about this with me. "Rain you don't understand the things Roderick is capable of, your father knows him and his game; he's a very angry man who always seems to get what he wants no matter the things he has to do to get them. He noticed you in the woods, he called out to you and nobody knows what his plan is; we have to take every precaution we can including extra guard patrols around the castle grounds and perimeter." She crossed her arms sending me a stern look, meaning that I shouldn't argue with her.

"Okay," I replied, glancing to Jasen who had remained quiet during our interaction; his eyes glued to the wall on the opposite side of my room, his arms folded at his waist. "You two have a good evening then." I sent Sonya a playful wink, she rolled her eyes at my joke.

"I'll see you bright and early, be ready by 8am." Sonya directed sternly as she turned on her heel and walked away.

"She's a fiesty one, isn't she?" Jasen spoke quietly so Sonya wouldn't hear him.

"If you think she's fiesty now you should try training with her." I laughed, she can be hard at times. 

"Oh I have, she's tough as nails that one." He chuckled at his comment, turning to open my room door.

"Have a good evening, Jasen." 

"You too, princess." He smiled as I brushed past him, my bed looked so inviting but my muscles screamed to relax under the pressure of my shower head.