Lovely [Mammon]

Art by: me

--

As you walk through the House of Lamentation's halls, you hear your name being called from behind. Well, more like yelled. "Y/N!" Mammon runs at you full speed and yanks you along with him once he reaches you, making you join his race. "Runrunrunrunrun!"

"Wha! What's wrong?!" you question rattled, trying unsuccessfully to catch up to Mammon's long strides. Noticing how you have trouble with keeping up with him, the demon simply grabs you and keeps running with you on his shoulder like a potato sack. Is at moments like this that you notice just how strong he really is.

"No time to answer! We need to hide!" Mammon pants heavily while searching for a good hiding spot. A wardrobe on the hall catches your attention and you point to it, proposing it as a hideout. It doesn't look really big, but it's enough to fit the two of you inside. Mammon simply agrees and gets inside of the wardrobe as quickly as he can, putting you down next to him. One of his hand covers his mouth tightly to prevent himself from panting, while his free hand holds you close to his figure. There's not much space in the wardrobe so you have to stand close anyway.

"Will you tell me now or--?" you start in a hushed tone, but are quickly interrupted by Mammon's hand placed on your mouth.

"Shh, be quiet." He perks up at a sound outside of the wardrobe. What seems to be quick steps start approaching along with heavy panting and wheezing. Surely that's the person who Mammon is running away from.

"MAMMON IF YOU... DON'T COME OUT RIGHT... RIGHT NOW... I'M," the voice stops to breathe, gasping a little. "Oh my Lord, I'm gonna die young." You can recognize the voice as Leviathan's. A little snicker tries to leave your lips at his comment, but Mammon quickly applies slightly more pressure on your mouth to avoid any sound to slip off while gesturing you to be quiet. "Damn... I'M GONNA KILL YOU ONCE I FIND YOU, YOU SCUMBAG!" Levi's voice soon fades away with more insults towards the greedy demon. You guess he resumed his chase, so now you can finally get out of the wardrobe. Before you can, though, Mammon opens the door a little bit to peek outside and make sure nobody's around.

"Well, will you tell me already what happened?" you ask quietly once you both come out of the closet, still in alert of any sign the third-born is returning. With careful steps, you head to your room followed by Mammon. The hall is quiet so any loud sound you make will give your position away.

"He keeps on saying I took his money, but I didn't!" Mammon huffs, crossing his arms across his chest.

"I mean, it wouldn't be the first time you do it, so I'm not surprised he thinks so." You laugh when remembering the other many times you found Mammon running from Levi because of the same reason. However, he said he didn't do it this time and, to be honest, Mammon can't lie for the sake of anyone. "I'll try talking to him later, but for now let's hide in my room. If he comes, you just get under the covers, okay?" you rub his back and grab hold of his hand, walking faster towards your room.

You spend the next few hours watching TV and enjoying each others company. Just as you were about to head out for some snacks, Levi comes to your room looking beyond mad. "Hey, Y/N. Have you seen that idiot called Mammon?" he asks.

"Huh? No, I haven't. Why? Is something wrong?" You quickly pull him out and nervously close the door behind you, starting your way to the kitchen and hoping he didn't see the demon in your bed.

"That scumbag took my money again! And he has the audacity to say it wasn't him, can you believe?!" Levi exclaims annoyed, clenching his fists. "A new Ruri plushie came out and I can't not buy it!"

"But, if he says he didn't do it then maybe he didn't." You try to come across as logical, but your obvious huge crush on the greedy demon made your point biased in Leviathan's eyes. Of course you'd stay on Mammon's side, you always do. It was painfully obvious that you like each other, yet somehow none of you two noticed those feelings.