Homesick [Solomon]

Ignoring the teacher in front of the class explaining the subject, you lay your head on your folded arms. You close your eyes to avoid fixing your lost sight on someone and try to keep your mind clear of thoughts.

Lately you've been feeling extra nostalgic of your life back up in the human world. You miss your family and the time you'd spend together at diner. You miss sitting in the living room watching movies with them, even if it meant having to put up with their annoying comments.

Of course, you also miss your friends. The afternoons you'd spend hanging out together instead of studying, doing anything to pass the time. Or the online games with them you'd lengthen late into the night because they were just too fun to stop.

Hell, you even miss school. You were able to spend time with your friends at lunchtime or just goof around during the break. And more importantly, at least you understood your classes unlike here at RAD. The subjects that they teach at the Devildom are just too alien to you.

The bell signaling the end of the class snaps you awake. You can't recall when exactly you fell asleep, but to be honest it's not surprising you did. Due to the nostalgic thoughts invading your head constantly you have trouble sleeping at night. Your grades dropped too because you can't concentrate in class and always end up falling asleep.

You get up from your seat feeling tired. Definitely the school's chair isn't the best option to sleep in. You gather your things and put them in your bag, swinging the string over your shoulder when you're done. You head outside the classroom and outside the school building.

The always dark sky welcomes you once you step foot outside. You were used to not feeling the warm sun on your skin anymore, but you still miss it. Why must it be so dark and cold down here?, you ask to yourself, walking through the front courtyard of the building. You plan to do some work when you get to the House of Lamentation, but considering your mental state you doubt you'd get anything done.

Desperate for a cure to your homesickness, your gaze wanders along the mass of students leaving the building. As you spot the white haired man you were looking for, a smile forms on your face. You head his way, careful not to bump into anyone, and stand quietly behind him once you reach him.

"Guess who?" you sing, covering the boy's eyes with your hands. His hands subconsciously reach to grab yours, but he doesn't take them away. You feel him smirk slightly, his tense body caused by your sudden contact finally relaxing at the sound of your voice.

"Ah, who could it be?" he murmurs loud enough for you to hear. "If you're a kidnapper just know I'm broke," he jokes. A laugh slips your mouth as you retreat your hands to your side, allowing the man to turn to face you.

"You liar. I know you're rich, Solomon." You squint skeptical, locking eyes with the human. He lets out a laugh as he raises his hands innocently, not denying nor confirming anything.

"How may I help you?" he questions gentlemanly.

"I've been feeling down lately," you start. You explain your situation and how it's been affecting all the aspects of your life. You've had enough of it, so you decided to ask him for help. "It's okay if you can't right now, though. Don't worry," you end with a small smile, clearly saddened by the thought of him saying no.

"No, I can. I always have time for you." Solomon gives you his charming smile, causing a blush to dust your cheeks. You make your way to the Purgatory Hall where Solomon is staying along with the angels. You guess it'd be better than the House of Lamentation, where you stay with the noisy demon brothers. The walk is filled with small talk, nothing too heavy to keep the mood light.

As you arrive, Solomon opens the door for you and closes it after the two of you enter. "Make yourself at home," he says. He goes into what you pressume to be the kitchen in search for some snacks while you stand there awkwardly. It's hardly the second time you visit Purgatory Hall and its mighty ambient makes you extremely self-aware. Maybe because two angels are currently staying there.

Solomon comes back one minute later with a plate of cookies. "Luke made them. They're delicious, I assure you." He offers you the plate and you grab a cookie happily. He sits down on a nearby white couch, so you do the same. You stay silent, quietly nibbling on the cookie. "So, feeling homesick," Solomon speaks up after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah," you sigh out. "I try to not think about it, but I just end up feeling more down."

"I think I have a cure for that."

"You do?" You gaze intensely at him, pleading with your eyes for him to help you. Solomon smiles mysteriously and grabs your hand in his.

"We're going to have a typical human hang out," he explains, squeezing your hand lightly. "No demons, no angels. Just two humans having fun doing human things."

"Human things?" You laugh at how dumb that sounds. Wether humans, demons or angels, you have realised that all of them pretty much have the same hobbies. So, to you, thinking of things only humana did was per se a difficult task already.

"Yes, human things," Solomon confirms. "We'll play board games, videogames, eat churros or sandwiches or whatever you want to eat. We can watch human TV shows or cartoons under a sheet fort and eat some popcorn. And then we can just chill to some lo-fi and play truth or dare," he lists lightheartedly.

"I don't think we'll have time to do all that," you laugh softly.

"Then we'll do what we can't today some other time."

"Ah, such intelligence." You both laugh together. You subconsciously move to sit closer on the couch, eyes locked on his grey ones. A smile lingers your lips after the laughing dies down, the same smile plastered on the boy's features. "Thank you, Solomon."

"Anything for you."

"Anything?" You smirk, your face inching closer to his.

"That's what I said." His face is mere centimeters away from yours now, a mischievous shine in his gorgeous eyes. You feel his warm breath on your lips, your eyes half-lidded in anticipation. His hand settles on your cheek and he tilts his head slightly to the side as you lean in.

"Are those my cookies?!" a high pitched voice shrieks. Startled, you push yourself away from the man sitting beside you and turn to look at the voice's owner. There they stood, the two angels who just ruined your moment, watching curiously at your embarrassed state.

"What a timing you two have," Solomon mumbles beside you, slightly annoyed at the intrusion.

"You haven't answered, Solomon!" Luke squeaks.

"Now, now. I think they want some privacy," Simeon informs Luke. He turns around, dragging the blond with him. "Have fun!" Just like that, the duo disappear through the doors. You exhale soundly, the embarrassment finally leaving your body.

"That was awkward," you giggle. Solomon smirks playfully as he sits closer to you again, his hand finding its way to your cheek just like before you were interrupted.

"Where were we?"

--
tbh i intended to keep this one more on the friends side but my heart betrayed me so gotta give some love to the sorcerer too