-2

every morning it was always one of them to wake up to an empty bed, this time it was brandon.

well technically it wasn't empty, he had emma next to him as company but it wasn't comparable to jade's. even though it was a saturday morning, she was off at work again.
"papa, wake up!" his nine year old daughter pulled the blankets off of him, in attempt to wake him up.

"i'm up, okay i'm awake em." brandon groaned,  turning on his side.
"we are supposed to be at uncle austin's for that cookout." she reminded.

still half asleep, brandon nodded as a response just so that she could get out of his room. once emma walked out, he rolled off the bed checking his phone.

jade; went to work. i'll see you later. x

another sigh escaped brandon's lips, knowing that he won't see her until night fall. he got changed and ready to get to austin's, the event passing his mind due to all the tension and conflict between him and his girlfriend.

"papa can we go now?" emma called out, eager to see her best friend which happened to be austin's daughter.
"yea, i'm coming." he said from the stairs, pulling on a jacket.

as brandon drove down the streets of los angeles, he thought a lot to himself. mainly, zoning out a lot of emma's words only replying with 'mhm' and 'yea'. everything seemed dull since his sunshine was fading, slowly.

he pulled up to austin's driveway and emma had already gotten out of the car, though brandon was just putting the car in park.

"what's up man." austin greeted, noah and jeff following.

brandon dapped the boys up, relaxing at the contact and no longer stressing about conflict at home. he followed the boys inside continuing his conversation with noah and jeff, brandon was handed a beer.

"emma went upstairs to lily's room." austin reminded, he nodded wanting to focus on his friends.

"so when are you planning to pop the question buddy?" jeff asked as he patted brandon's shoulder.
"i've tried you guys, we're all just so busy."

noah furrowed his eyebrows, "maybe ask her on a break or have ansley take her out because aren't they always together?"
austin nodded before replying, "yea ansley always tells me she's going out to see jade or something like that."

brandon groaned, "it's not that easy you guys."
he grabbed a shot of something, unsure of what it was as the warm burning sensation hit his throat as he swallowed it.
"look at it this way, she's special so you do something special for her." jeff said.
"well no shit." brandon rolled his eyes.

the boys just stayed in their little cluster, making sure not to drink too much since there were still children present. the conversation about jade soon faded and turned into random scattered conversations.

"what if you had another child?" jeff asked austin.
"i mean, it depends on what ans wants. i'm happy with whatever she wa-"

almost as if on cue, ansley walked through the door with jade following behind her. brandon's eyes locking with hers as she walked by, everyone had already felt the tension once jade walked in.

their eye contact broke as she greeted the guys, brandon's eyes still watching her. when she approached brandon, a kiss was placed on his cheek. a quick sorry was muttered into his ear, leaving him confused but tensed up.

"so jade, how are you and brandon?" jeff asked.
she glanced at brandon before responding, "uh i could say we're good but we're just really really busy."

brandon muttered something under his breath but still heard by jade, she sighed and turned to him.
"something wrong?"
"no, i'm perfectly fine but you're the one that's always busy." brandon scoffed.

she was taken aback, but decided not to spark an argument with brandon continuing her conversation with the guys.
"so any big plans? like marriage or what not?"
"i mean, not any soon." brandon quickly said, trying to cover up something he hasn't even done yet.

"it's in mind but you know with busy schedules-"
"it's always work huh? work before all of your important things, like your relationship or emma? you've just been at work almost every single day until midnight." everyone was shocked at brandon's sudden outburst.

"you're acting like your job isn't everything, i have an important job and you know that. of course i have to be busy, this always ends up in an argument but i guess you don't understand how important this it to me."
"you don't understand how important our relationship is to me, i want to marry you! maybe have a kid! i want to spend my life with you and you simply don't give a fuck running off to your job every single day!" brandon yelled.

jade's mouth fell open but no words were coming out, she felt like as if she was going to fall over. looking at everyone else in shock, she muttered a soft "sorry" then running out of the house.

everyone's eyes were on brandon, who's face was full of regret.

★·.·'¯'·.·★authors note★·.·'¯'·.·★
😳