-6

"mommy, why do you and daddy always argue?" emma asked jade.
making eye contact with her through the rear view mirror, deciding what was the most appropriate thing to say.
"sometimes people agree and disagree but also get upset, it's not serious though em."

"what if you breakup? will you still be my mommy?" her voice had a hurt tone.
"i promise you, that will never happen. have an amazing day at school." she smiled at emma as the little girl got out of the car, immediately being greeted by her friends.

jade smiled before driving away, her eyes turned glossy but she continued driving.
she heard her phone ringing and read the contact austin before picking up and putting it on speaker.

"you guys forgave each other and then got into another argument?" he exclaimed, more shocked than angry.
"c'mon aus cut me some sl-"

"i know, work but brandon would literally take a bullet for you in a split second. he's head over heels in love with you. that's the reason he argues, he's afraid of losing you."
she didn't reply for a minute, processing the words he had just said.
"okay, i'm on my way to work. bye austin."

jade let out a sigh and thought about what austin had said, she knew he was right but she didn't feel ready for marriage.

what if it ends up like lynn and brandon?
what if someone objects?
what if i don't want to get married yet?

her head was overwhelmed with thoughts, only a young twenty-two and already had to decide if she wanted to get married.

he hasn't even proposed!

not realizing she had made it to work, jade parked her car and sat there for a brief moment as her thoughts swarmed her mind.
it wasn't the best timing or moment, arguing about marriage was something she couldn't grasp. how could this be driving them apart, if it's the one thing they want the most.

★·.·'¯'·.·★authors note★·.·'¯'·.·★
short chapter, :/

pls lmk what you want to see more of :)