-3

when brandon came home, he put emma to bed then hesitating to walk into his bedroom. he knew his words hurt her feelings but he also knew that her job meant a lot to her since she worked so hard to be in the position she's in now.

he walked into his shared bedroom, jade's back was turned so she was facing the other way. brandon sighed putting his things down and pulled off his jeans before climbing in bed, he had his elbows propped up against the bed.
"hey, i'm sorry about what i said earlier."

it was silent since she didn't reply, he touched her arm and she didn't budge.
"i love you and i promise you i didn't mean to hurt you." brandon said, nuzzling his head into her neck.

she sighed, turning to face him but her eyes weren't on his instead she was looking down.
he moved a little before placing his head back into the previous position, "no it's just that i worked really hard to be where i am and you're not supportive of that, i was and still am very supportive of you being your own boss and such."

brandon hummed as a response, leaving little kisses on jade's neck. quickly wanting to forget about their argument, "i know how much this relationship means to you but it also means a lot to me too." jade said as she moved away from brandon.

"i want to spend the rest of my life with you." brandon muttered before placing his lips on hers. she had kissed back but it was cut short after finding herself pulling away.
"i'm not forgiving you that easily."
"you don't have to." he said, lowly.

scooting back a little then turning his back, trying to forget the awkward exchange between the two.

the next morning, jade was already on the way to the studio. work was always her top priority, loving the feel of the rush but now she understood what caused the problem between lynn and brandon, hoping that the same thing wouldn't happen.

jade parked in the garage, then walking straight into the building. today was supposed to be busier than others, though already looking forward to the end of her day. the elevator in front of her let out a ding and she waited for the doors to open.

as the doors glided open, a tall man with dreads came into view and jade knew that face.
"zion?" she looked up at him.
"oh, hi jade."
walking into the elevator, jade was bombarded by a hug from zion. it was like nothing had ever changed between them, or maybe he just didn't want to talk about it.

"so, how are you doing?" jade pulled away from the hug.
"im good, i was just going to ask you the same thing still hanging out with that forty year old?" he chucked at his own comment, his laugh bringing a smile onto jade's face.

★·.·'¯'·.·★authors note★·.·'¯'·.·★