0.2

Brooke's P.O.V

I walked home that day, feeling that there was somebody behind me every step I took. I eventually turned around and it was the last person that I would think to be following me.

It was that highlighter kid.

He looked up at me and smiled a bit. I was pretty freaked out by this kid. He never talked in school. I've never seen him in school. He just kind if popped out of nowhere.

"Look, if you want something from me just ask. I would rather have you do that than follow me around like a creepy weirdo." I said sternly. Ge stared at me.

"I actually, uh, live here." he said pointing to the house next to mine.

"Oh," I said looking down kind of wanting to take back what I just said. "Sorry, I shouldn't of said that." I said.

"It's fine, I understand why you would find that a bit creepy." he said. His voice was low but he talked very quietly. He then sent me a half smile for a split second.

I walked up to my house and walked in. Only to be pounced on by my twin brother, Calum.

"Hello!" He said. I looked down.

"Calum?" I said smiling.

"Yes?" he said in reply.

"Put some pants on." I said hitting over the head with the mail I got outside.

"Sorry, I was hot." he said.

"It's the middle of winter, Calum. Unless you turned the heat up all the way, I doubt you got hot." I said walking to my room.

"Wait, Brooke." he said getting up.

"Yes, Calum?" I said.

"Mom and dad are going on a business trip this weekend." he said.

"Again?" I whispered.

"Again, so I'm gonna have to take care of you." he said his smile instantly reappearing. "We're gonna have so much fun!" he said jumping up and down with me.

"Yeah, okay. Sounds good." I said laughing. Did I just laugh? It's that highlighter kid. I can't get him off my mind. No matter what.