Chapter 3

Aera's POV:

My heart felt like it'd jump out of my chest. Jungkook pulled away and glanced at me.

"I'm sorry if I just crossed the boundaries", he says, his eyes still on me. His tone was nonchalant. Not looking anywhere else but into mine.

I started feeling hot and I had to look away because I couldn't maintain eye contact with him.

I take one of the mugs, take a sip before placing it on my lap and look down at my hands. "It's okay"

I glanced at him slightly, he was still staring at me.

"Will you stop that?", I ask.

"Stop what?"

"Staring at me?"

"No", he leans forward and I look down at my hands again.

"Why?"

"Because you're pretty, Aera", he says. His face was so close to mine. I felt shudders run down my spine as I tried to keep my posture straight.

"Oh... thank you", I say and then take another sip before placing it on the tray and looking at him.

"I'm tired, so uh good night?", I say, still unsure of my actions. I was completely sober now and Jungkook was still staring at me. As if he was stripping down with his eyes.

"Okay. You can sleep on the bed, I'll take the couch", he finally says and takes the tray and goes downstairs to put them away. Normally, I'd have disagreed to sleep on someone else's bed but I was tired and in pain. It didn't help that Jungkook's bed was so comfortable and smelled like him.

I facepalmed myself. Park Aera, don't get ahead of yourself now. I lay down on the bed and closed my eyes, falling asleep in a matter of seconds.

Jungkook's POV:

After washing the dishes and putting them away, I went back upstairs to find that Aera had already fallen asleep. Her hair covered her face and she looked so angelic and beautiful. I stepped closer to the bed gently pushing her hair out of her face and leaned down to look at her. I stared at her for a few more seconds before going to the couch. I have slept with so many men and women in the past but this is the first time a girl was sleeping on my bed without doing the deed. It felt weird and good at the same time. Ignoring the emotions I was feeling. I took off my shirt and sat on the couch getting comfortable. I glance at Aera one more time.

Aera's POV:

I woke up the next morning in confusion. I stared at the ceiling blankly, trying to remember what happened. I was sober when I fell asleep.

Oh, I quickly sit up on the bed and glance at the man sleeping on the couch. Now, I remember everything. Shit, I need to leave. I get up from the bed quietly, standing up slowly to test the pain in my ankle. Surprisingly, it felt better today but I knew not to strain it. I slowly started walking towards the door and froze when I heard his voice.

"Aera?"

I slowly turned to glance at him and he was sitting on the couch, half naked. Maybe because he was wearing a long-sleeved shirt last night, but upon seeing the beautiful tattoos that covered his left arm, I gasped softly. He was built and strong. His biceps, his abs, and his v-line. Everything was defined. Makes me wonder how beautiful his back would be...

"Aera?" I heard him call out my name again and I snapped and looked at him.

"Yeah?"

"Uh, sorry. I was going to get up early and make breakfast. Do you want to leave?" He gets up and grabs a T-shirt thrown onto his gaming chair and puts it on.