Chapter 7

"When you walked into the club in that tight black dress, you were so beautiful all I wanted to do was bend you over right then and there and fuck you."

Aera's POV:

I looked at Jungkook, shocked at the words that just left his mouth. I stared at him for a few minutes before bursting out laughing. He straightened up, confused as to why I was laughing. "Did I say something funny?" he asks, his voice filled with genuine concern cause of my laughing. 

"You're so funny. Why would you think that when I'm not even that pretty?" I ask, trying to stifle my laughter when I noticed that, Jungkook wasn't smiling. Instead, he had a serious expression on his face. 

"Wait, you're not joking?" he didn't respond and continued to stare at me and I felt my heart skip a beat. "D-Do you still want to fuck me?" I ask again, letting out a  stuttered exhale. I notice Jungkook's expression change as a small smirk displayed on his face. 

"Maybe. But I'm sure your best friend would kill me. He's currently throwing daggers at me," to my confused expression Jungkook nodded his head towards the entrance door and sure enough there was Jimin, glaring at us. I gulped at the image of my best friend causing a scene. "Sorry about him. I don't know why he's acting like that," I smile apologetically before getting up and going to Jimin. "Hey, Mochi," I smile at him, pretending not to notice his irritated glare at the bambi-eyed boy sitting on the bench. I stood on my tiptoes and gently kissed Jimin's cheek and his eyes immediately softened as they met mine. 

"Min, why are you here early?" I gasped slightly when he placed his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him before glancing at Jungkook. "I don't like you hanging around that asshole," I frown at the nickname he just called Jungkook. 

"Mochi, that's very rude," I tsk-ed but let my best friend hold me in that protective stance. Not going to lie, but I was itching to turn around and see how Jungkook was taking all of this.

"I don't care, later when you meet him take me with you," Jimin glanced at me with pleading eyes, but I shook my head. 

"I'll be fine, I can take Jihyo with me if you are so worried," I said causing him to whine but comply with my words. I went back to my seat with Jimin right behind me and I opened my book again as Jimin threw one more glare at Jungkook before resting his head on his arm and closing his eyes. I started writing down the answers to the questions while Jimin rested next to me and Jungkook did whatever he was doing behind me. By the time I was done with the work, it was time for the next class.

The day passed by quickly and it was time to head home. Since Jimin was the one who picked me up this morning, he was the one to drop me off as well. Taehyung joined us this time as Namjoon had to work overtime today. Taehyung offered me a lollipop while he had one in his mouth. I was in the passenger seat, with Jimin driving and Taehyung in the back.

"So, Jungkook seems like a nice guy," Taehyung starts a risky conversation causing the male driving to throw him a nasty glare through the front rear mirror.

I was cautious when answering, knowing better than to add fuel to Jimin's sore mood. "Yeah, he is..." I answer briefly letting Taehyung know that I don't wanna talk about Jungkook anymore by rolling down the window and turning on some music. As we drove along the roads, I noticed Jimin's mood getting slightly better as we sang at the top of our voices. 

He pulled up in my driveway and I got out, turning around to see Jimin had followed me out as well.

"Aera," he called out softly. He came around the car, gently pulling me into a hug. He kissed the side of my head like he usually does as I hugged him back. "Hmm?"

"Please be safe, I know Jung... I know he helped you back then but don't trust him that easily okay?" he said beside my ear and I shuddered slightly, nodding against his warmth. "Okay. I promise I'll be safe." 

He pulled back from the hug and grinned at me, "See you tomorrow, princess," he winked at me before getting back in the car. I waved at him and Taehyung once more before heading inside. To my dismay, I find Jihyo crashing at my place again though I'm not complaining. I can smell the sweet aroma of the tteokbokki and naengmyeon in the air. I dropped my bag on the couch and entered the kitchen to find her in there, wearing a light pink apron, her dye-ed blonde hair was held away from her face by a butterfly clip and her face was moulded into a frown as she concentrated on the number of ingredients she was adding. 

"Crashing here again?" I asked and waited for a while, not getting a response as she added the ingredients. She finally finishes and turns around, a grin on her face. "Yep, hope you don't mind." 

She mixed the soup with a wooden spoon and I decided to help her by setting up the table. "As long as you don't snore, you can sleep in my room tonight," I tease her knowing very well she'll get defensive. "Hey, shut up. I don't snore," she threw me a glare. "Also, can you have a taste? I tried a new recipe from mom's old Korean cookbook and I'm not sure if it's good," she asks and I stride over while she picks up some broth and noodles in the wooden spoon. I take it from her hand and blow on it for a bit before tasting it. The broth hit the back of my throat and the salty and meaty flavours sparked, and I nodded. "Mmm, this is so good unnie," I give my sister a thumbs-up before handing the spoon back to her while she gave me a smile, grateful that I liked her cooking. 

"Also, Jihyo. I was thinking. Could you come with me to the park, I need to return someone's belongings to them," I said as I moved around to finish setting up the table. "Who? Jimin?" I didn't fail to notice the smirk on my sister's face and I rolled my eyes. "No, someone I met at the club," this causes a surprised Jihyo to turn on her heels. "Did you fuck with this person?" I blushed and shook my head. "No, what the fuck, Ji?" I made a gagging noise before I helped her bring the hot pan to the table. Both of us sat around the table, filling our plates. 

"Then who?" Jihyo's curiosity remained the same as she asked me again. 

"Just someone who helped me when my ankle got hurt that night," a small smile forms on my lips before I put on a nonchalant expression again. "Ah, so it wasn't Jimin's shirt," Jihyo connected the dots and then smirked. "Sure, I want to see this man who helped my sister who was hurt," I almost choked on my food, glaring at Jihyo. 

...

It was a chilly night and I had folded Jungkook's shirt neatly and placed it in a cute paper bag that I found stored away somewhere. Jihyo followed a few steps behind me, her phone pressed to her ear as she spoke to someone. Obviously flirting with someone. I walked a few more steps and saw the silhouette of Jungkook. He had his back turned to me and was staring up at the sky, humming a tune. I turned around to glance at Jihyo who nodded and went to sit on a bench. 

I walked closer to him and tapped him on the shoulder. Even though I was 5'6, Jungkook seemed to be a few feet taller than me. He turned around, his face breaking into a smile when he saw me. 

"Hey, I thought you were gonna come with Jimin," he chuckled, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. I chuckled nervously, "He offered to come with me, my sister tagged along though," I said, pointing towards Jihyo who was still on the phone. "Mhm, I see," Jungkook nodded, his smile faltering a little. 

I took the bag and pushed it towards him, "Here's your shirt, I washed it," I said as he took the bag from me. "Thank you, Aera. That's very sweet of you," he glanced down at the bag with amusement, noticing the little bowtie designs on the bag. I blushed, "Oh, uhm... I couldn't find anything to put it in..." 

He shook his head with a chuckle, "It's fine. I was thinking, would you like to go out for a coffee with me after uni tomorrow?" he asked, playing with the strings of his hoodie. "I think I have plans with Min and Tae tomorrow. I'll let you know after confirming?" I suggested to which he nodded. "Hm, I guess we should get going?"

"Not so quick," I heard Jihyo's voice from behind me and groaned internally. "Damn, you're one handsome young man," Jihyo shamelessly flirted and I looked at Jungkook with an apologetic smile. "Thank you, you're not that bad yourself"

"But your sister here is some hot stuff"