Part Three

PART THREE

Dear Diary,

It had been three weeks.

Three weeks since I last saw Ryder’s presence. I hadn’t seen him at the bench. I checked every day at lunch and free period. I missed lunch because I was hoping; hoping that he’d come out of hiding and see me waiting for him but he never showed up. Every day I would wait for an hour at the front gate just to see if I could get just even a glimpse of Ryder. Some people said that Ryder got suspended for not coming to school for a week with a suspension of a week so he should’ve been seen by now right?

I asked his little fans that if they saw him, but the only response I got was “Ryder? Why? Don’t you dare take him! He’s mine.” They are really fierce and a tad scary.

I eventually gave up waiting for him this morning. I didn’t really understand why Ryder was so mad. Yes I danced with Josh but besides that, I don’t fully understand what the fuss is about.

“It’s about Ryder right?” Belle said from across the table as I nodded and furiously stabbed my salad. “Have you tried calling or texting him?” she asked softly.

“He doesn’t reply to my text and even if I do call him and it would be a miracle if he even answers but what then? He doesn’t even speak to me!” I shouted rather loudly and pushed my seat away from the table and stormed away from them. I don’t think I have ever shouted in my life, so why now? I rushed away down the hallway and entered the girl’s toilet. I entered the “special” cubical for “special” girls since it was bigger. I broke down crying on the ground the second I locked the door.

I heard a door opened and then closed. “Go away Belle, I want to be alone.”

But what surprised me was the fact that it wasn’t Belle’s soft pitched voice but a deep husky voice. “It’s Josh.” I got up from the floor unlocked it and pulled him in since most girls would be surprised to see a boy in the girl bathroom.

I took hold of a tissue and wiped my eyes as Josh looked at me. “What do you want?” I didn’t mean to say in a rude way but it sounded like that.

“I’m sorry. It’s about Ryder right? You like him don’t you?”

“Well isn’t it clear? You’re looking at my tear stained face, right? Isn’t this an answer?” I said before another wall of tears started pouring down uncontrollably. “I miss him so much it actually hurts my heart. I feel like someone is stabbing my heart continuously. I miss his arms around me. I miss his smile that makes me feel happy when I look at his smile. I miss spending time with him. I miss him so much. I don’t know what to do anymore!” I said as I covered my face while sliding my back down to the floor.

Josh crouched down so he was on the same level as me. “Then go to him. Stop waiting for him to come to you.” Realization hit me like a truck.

“Y-y-you mean go to his house?” he nodded. “You know it took some guts to come in here just to comfort me. Thanks Josh.” I said and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.