Chapter 28

The sun flitting through the cracks of my blinds pulls me out of my sleep, a small exhausted groan leaving my lips as my eyes flutter open. A small hiss leaving my lips as I go to sit up, my head leaning against the headboard when I push myself to sit. A yawn echoes around the room as I stretch my good arm over my head, my eyes lazily trying to pick themselves up to keep me awake. The burn softly licking my nerves making me whine gently. Every time I try to move it, a small shot of pain stabs through my body. And the bandages often rubbed against the burn too if they weren't on properly... which wasn't the best thing in the world.

The burn wasn't as awful as it had been when I first got it. It's beginning to heal, slightly. Still, it hurts whenever I move and it's a pain to have a shower or a bath with a huge burn... but it's better than what it was. Which is a good thing! I know it'll stay with me. It won't ever go away. We all knew that. It'll scar. It'll stay with me forever.

And Dabi wasn't so happy about that...

Ever since the incident of Enji burning me, Dabi has been overkill with Hiro and I. He's on me constantly. Making sure that I'm comfortable, covering me in blankets whenever I get too cold before snuggling up to me. He's been taking Hiro too and from his play dates with Eri (and she's come over a couple of times with Mirio and Tamaki too). He cooks now, teaching himself how to make certain dishes and getting Fuyumi to help him every so often. He won't even let me go to the toilet without him being outside my door just in case I hurt myself. He's doing the cleaning too! And I never thought that would happen.

He was becoming a little house husband.

A small groan cuts through the air beside me making me giggle and look toward the male in question. Beside me, snoring softly into the pillow and a small stream of drool leaving his lips, laid Dabi. The scarred male snuggling into my leg as he hums gently in his sleep, his eyes twitching every so often. His fingers lightly grazing against my thigh as he rests his cheek on my upper thigh, snuggling into me. Stirring gently in his sleep before relaxing and going back to his soft and steady breathing. He almost looked at ease. So peaceful. The intimidating persona he had cracked away into who I knew as Toya. Slowly, but surely, Toya was becoming Toya again and further away from Dabi... not in all aspects.

There are some times where Dabi really comes out~

Smiling gently, I run my fingers through his hair, his red roots beginning to show again as I do so. The male beside me stirring gently, his turquoise blue eyes fluttering open as he clears his throat. A small smile on his lips as he meets my eyes, the male gently kissing my knuckles before sitting up and kissing me gently. A giggle leaving my lips as I kiss back, pulling away with a loving smile toward my boyfriend.

"Good morning," I hum gently, resting our foreheads together, smiling with a giggle as he intertwines our hands together, our fingers interlinking, a grin playing on my lips as I notice his hair is all over the place, "Loving the bed hair,"

"Morning, baby girl," he hums, smiling to himself before kissing my cheek, "You sleep okay? No discomfort?"

"Hey, don't worry, I'm okay," I reply, rubbing my thumb over his cheek, giggling gently as he presses a kiss to my cheek, "You'll go grey if you keep worrying,"

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" Dabi hums with a chuckle, sliding out of bed, biting back a laugh as he notices me biting my lip as I admire the love bites scattered across his chest and back that I may have left the other night, "Like something you see?"

"Mhm," I reply with a giggle, blushing gently as he runs his fingers through his hair and winks my way.

"Are you two ready for — Dabi, could you put a shirt on please? Hiro is about to come in with your breakfast," My Father asks walking in and opening the door, Dabi hurriedly putting a shirt on making me squeal with laughter, leaning against the headboard with a giggle before flushing embarrassed as my dad looks toward me, "Do you have to mark him like that? You're not an animal,"