Lead Intro and Chapter 1

Thai Main Lead - Ball

Thai nicknames can be funny and at times inspired by cool English names. But, our male lead here is stuck with the name Ball, he has been teased by many in the past including his best mates Mew, Chompoo, and Decha. But, now it is a thing of a past.

Ball is an athlete who plays football very well. He is 180 cm tall, fair, and sports spiked hair. He has a lean athletic muscular body. Sharp nose, medium eyes, and a lovely pink lipped smile (though he smiles very rarely). He is a male version of beauty Aphrodite. His mannerism resembles a rebel who is kind at heart. He has seen struggles in his life and has grown out of poverty. He lives with his family who has been supporting him and has just reached a level of medium earnings. He has taken up to study science to be a doctor to support his family. He is conscious of his friends but is not an outgoing person. He appears to be rude, arrogant at first till you get to know him. He exhibits the utmost sportsmanship in the field and respects people on the ability to care for others. Secretly, he is deprived of the talent to showcase his emotions.

Ball has been born and brought up in thai culture. He has four members in his family – he, his parents, and a young 7-year-old sister named Rachel. She is named after a foreign series Friends that his parents came to like. Due to his intention of settling abroad and working for a better future. The fact that he grew up in poverty. He has enrolled himself in IB school. He, his friends, family speak English well. He uses thai at home and English/thai with his friends. His medium of instruction/official comms is in English.

Indian Male Lead: Rahul

Indian names are inspired by a variety of things including Bollywood. Though there is no practice of keeping a nickname, many have that only purely to be used by close relatives or friends.

Our male lead is named Rahul, the most common Indian name inspired by a famous Bollywood hero and is being used ever since by the hero in the many films. Rahul's parents like him are Bollywood fans and have given him the name yet, they want him to study hard as all Indian parents are wired too. He also equally enjoys studying biology and dreams to be a doctor.

He is 185 cm tall, wheatish complexion and a muscular body. He sports long hair tied back up and looks straight up from a Bollywood movie hero holding a guitar to impress the leading lady. He is the young version of Akshay Kumar. He has been born and brought up in the city of Mumbai and is exposed to multi-cultures in the very early stage. His dream was to study in states and be the first well-known doctor to have a singing album. He sings very well and is also a pro-guitar player. He is an ardent fan of Bollywood songs.

His mannerism is of a flirty casanova, manly and show-off. He takes pride in teasing his friends, he is an outgoing extrovert. He has 4 members in his family – he, his parents, and an elder brother who is a flight steward. His brother Raj (another popular name) is always traveling and is rarely seen at home. He also has learned and picked up thai very well during the phase of prepping to come here even though his medium of instruction is in English.

First Chapter: "Tera Husn Woh Nasha hain": You (your body) is anintoxicant.

Rahul has recently moved to Bangkok, Thailand at the behest of his family. His elder brother Raj has minimal impact due to the nature of the work he is in. However, Rahul is a bit upset shifting to a new place ( he would have glad to be shifted to the US though). His parents arranged his admission to a well-known international school. It is situated right at the center of Bangkok and have arranged a condo for him to share with someone. Two reasons: one for the sake of studies and another to make him closer to the new culture and expose him to a new atmosphere.

Day 1 :

Rahul and his parents are getting off from a van. Collecting his things up to his new condo room. Rahul is following them with a box full of Bollywood movie Cds, he is at the same time juggling his guitar tucked at back and another box full of bio books. Entering the main gate of the condo he bumps into Ball who along with his friends was going out to play football. It was a Sunday after all.

Rahul's eyes meet ball, he is not able to take his eyes off of him. Ball seeing a foreigner who is not white but wheatish yellowish, muscular (and cool) is just giving one of his own cool looks as to rival him in a show-off dual. Ball is not enamored but Rahul is smitten by the love bug in this first meet itself. Imagine a faint imaginary smile of mona Lisa on Rahul's lips. He scanned ball's body better than an x-ray and in the background, he already played a song ( tera Husn Woh Nasha hain). Song continues in his mind as he and ball together get up in slow motion as if the world around them ceased to exist. Post a long silent romantic atmosphere, champoo breaks it with " Hey, Hi – new to Thailand? I am Champoo, he is Mew, decha and the one you are longingly looking at is Ball". Rahul comes out of the cloud and smirks, " Balls ?! does he have one or he is assuring himself, haha". Ball is visually angry and blurts out, "wanna see for yourself what I got?" and charges towards Rahul as if about to hit him hard at the face. But, suddenly Decha, champoo, mew stop him from hitting Rahul. Rahul says, " I am sorry, I didn't mean it, it's just that it is funny". Champoo looks at ball and says, " it is funny." They smile a bit and can cool down ball but he is not laughing and seems annoyed. He and his friends pick up stuff for Rahul and help him. During the walk towards the upper floor, Mew asks, " you have recently shifted? Which floor and which condo room you are going to stay in?. Rahul responds, " First – 303". Champoo exclaims, " Ball, you got a roommate, hey ?. and then turns to Rahul and asks, " what's your name"?. Rahul says, " Rahul, naam toh suna hoga ( you must have heard it – a famous Bollywood film dialogue, ". All look at each other in exasperation and Rahul says, " ignore, yes, Rahul, I am Rahul ". Meanwhile, Ball had a while cold look planned for Rahul as if he doesn't care at all.

Actually, Mew, Decha, and Champoo were sharing a condo whereas ball had a roommate who shifted recently. Rahul was going to be Ball's new roommate.

Ball and his friends then dash out for their football practice and we see Rahul setting up his room which was an utter mess made by Ball. It actually smelt like balls. He patiently cleans, arranges his room, and his things. He also makes himself a quick plate of his favorite Mumbai snack poha (flattened rice) and tea. He seems to reminisce of his future while sipping his tea when hears a knock on the door. It is Ball again. Ball frowns and enters. He is internally impressed to see his room clean but shows the angst to Rahul from the previous meeting.

Rahul understood this very clearly and breaks the silence by saying, " I am really sorry - not for what I said, I think if I would have been your friend, you would have laughed it off, but for saying it earlier, would you want to re-start? ". Ball thinks it is not too cool to sulk and brushes it off, " Rahul, right? It is okay."

Rahul extends the plate of his favorite food ( mind you Rahul is like joey who doesn't share food at all) to Ball and says, " have a taste, it is bit spicy, try with tea". Ball tries and acknowledges the good taste which is like thai cuisine yet pleasantly different sensation. They finish the dish together standing in the balcony and chit chatting on various topics. It was the first meet-up but Rahul was smitten. Rahul was in love, Rahul was happy that this happened to him on the very first day of his shift to the condo. He was now looking forward to school and life in Thailand. He had hope, he had a new mission now, to be with Ball. You can feel the determination and love from Rahul's face as he scans each and every corner of Ball's face. Ball is a silent guy and responds to Rahul occasionally and that makes this scene even more in slow motion silent film type than normally. Ball interjects Rahul's glance, " Is there something on my face, your puppy look scares me". Rahul changes his expression immediately to the stern-self, " Nothing, this is the first time meeting a foreigner(farang)". Ball says, " you are a farang here but cute. You are attractive for a wheatish complexion." Rahul says, " don't tell me like India where people are obsessed with color, do they also like Nirma white ( Nirma is a famous detergent brand in India". Ball says, " what? ". Rahul says, " I meant extra white complexion". Ball says, " yes, for some but not for all".

Rahul changes the topic by saying, you wanna watch a movie or Bollywood song. Rahul plays tera Husn Woh Nasha hain and constantly stares at Ball. Ball unknown of Rahul's love enjoys the first brush with a Bollywood song.

Scene ends. This was their first meeting.