8. chop chop

Liliana

Jonny had no idea what Harry was talking about when I told him on our way back from the beach that something was happening that night. He suggested it was something for me but that seemed very unlikely.

I was of course teased for how Harry and I interacted but what was new. He recounted things he saw and mocked them just to try and wind me up. I wasn't having any of it, I felt truly peaceful where I was. There was something about escaping your everyday life, creating a whole new one somewhere knowing you can go back to your old one that was exciting.

We did our usual routine of getting ready, it took a bit longer than usual because we both showered and had to pick outfits and Jonny wanted to do something weird with his hair. I played Careless Whisper one too many times.

I had a meltdown about what to wear and eventually Jonny dressed me like I was barbie doll while I pouted. He was very good at it though, in another life I reckon he was a designer or stylist.

I took a jacket with me but the nights were always warm so it was just for formality really

I took a jacket with me but the nights were always warm so it was just for formality really. Jonny was wearing shorts after all. The jeans I wore had cowboy boots all over them, I had thrifted them for a ridiculous price but that's London I guess. It was worth it for the look Harry gave me when he opened the door and looked straight at them.

"Sick jeans." Was his first comment. "Come in" he had a wide smile on his face but he was hiding something.

"So, what are we doing?" I wondered, sheepishly following him while seemed to be on a mission. He turned around just as we reached the door that lead out to the garden.

"Cutting my hair." He grinned, his hand flying to his bun and pulling it out so the long brown curls fell past his shoulders.

I wasn't sure how I felt about this. Harry suited long hair, it suited his face shape and him as a person. He looked very excited though, maybe he had been wanting to do this for a while. Part of me worried he would look a bit too good and I would have to refrain from making any crude comments.

I looked at Jonny, who looked as sceptical as me. He knew Harry's hair better than I did so I was hoping he would look excited at the idea but he just looked nervous.

"Are you sure?" He asked with uncertainty. His hand behind him slid the door open and revealed a group of people outside that were seemingly going to go through with the procedure.

Mitch was standing outside, looking quite scared. Tom and Ryan were also there but stood further back while Tyler looked like he was trying to call someone. I had never seen so much fuss over a haircut but I guess his hair was sorta famous.

"New album, new me baby." He announced as he walked out. It was an answer to Jonny's question and at the same time, a way he introduced himself to the people on the deck.