PROLOGUE

Ephemeral love

     "You and I could be like Sonny and Cher, honey and bears, you and I could be like Aladdin and Jasmine, let's make it happen like..."

The song slowly fades into the background as I stare teary-eyed at my first love, standing near the altar with a black tux and slicked-back hair.

I never really thought this day would come, I just couldn't grasp the fact that this young man is finally part of my family.

The world suddenly moved slowly as if everything was in slow motion. It was all so perfect...

"You look so beautiful on this starry night, loving the way the moonlight catches your eyes and your smile..."

"It's almost time" I muttered to myself, my hands fidgeting, I was nervous! You can't really blame me diba? Today's the day, malamang kinakabahan ako.

As the Cathedral doors open at a slow pace, I lent out a big sigh and smiled.

The white, shiny fabric glistening under the cathedral lights, the see-through veil looking so feather-like, the satin gown that is silky to the touch.

Slowly strutting the halls, one step at a time getting closer and closer to my first love, AND THERE SHE WAS.

I stared at her in complete awe, tears gushing down my face as she reached the altar.

Her hands fits so perfectly into his, I shed a single tear after they said their "I do's" and vows.

She looked so captivating in her white dress...

This is the end of our love story but the start of theirs.

The groom and I locked eyes as we let out a subtle smile.

"Our eternal love turned out to be ephemeral."