CHAPTER 2

AN: lame chapter hehe

I rushed inside our house and asked mom why the hell my sister is crying.

"Mom? Why is Karen crying?"

"Karen, honey there's nothing to cry about alright?"

"Could someone please explain to me what is happening right now?!"

Mom gestured us to sit, so we did.

"Hadley, your dad and I have been talking and...."

"And what mom?"

"We decided to move to Cebu. We have a company there and we would like to focus on making it better." My mom said excitedly.

"Oookay? I didn't expect that, but sounds like a great idea mom!" damn I feel great! I just want to get out of this place.

"Pero ma, bakit umiiyak to?" I pointed at my sister that is still crying till now! I swear, she could be a drama queen sometimes.

"Seriously Ven?! Did you just ask me why I'm crying right now?!"

"Yes, Thea. Seriously"

"We're leaving the place that we grew up in for Pete's sake Ven! How about your friends?"

"Hay nako Thea" I chuckled "Wala akong kaibigan beh tsaka mom won't sell this house you know, we'll come back here from time to time I'm sure of it!" I gave her a reassuring smile as I patted her shoulder.

"Okay girls, why don't you change your clothes and go down for dinner, alright?" we looked at mom and nodded.

****

"Aren't you scared, Ven?" Thea asked as we walked up the stairs.

"Scared of what, Thea?"

"Adjusting Ven. Aren't you scared of adjusting all over again?" Huminto kami sa tapat ng pinto ko.

"All my life I never fitted in Thea, so if ever I won't fit in again, don't worry I'm used to it. And if you're worried that people won't like you there, everyone loves you Thea" I winked then went inside my room.

***

The day finally came! I took a deep breath as I roamed around the campus for one last time. I don't think I'll be missing this place anytime soon. Grade school to freshman, 7 years of torture in this school. I can finally be free!

"Hey, sis I got my stuff na"

"Mom just called, she told me to go straight to the airport, our things are there." She looked at me and gave me a small smile.

I know how painful this is for her, she got great friends here that'll surely miss her. Well, good for her.

As we arrived at the airport I got a call from mom telling us that we were late. Shit! We ran as fast as we could and thank god the plane did not leave without us, phew.

As the plane took off I vowed to myself that I would not be the same weak person back in Manila. As I left Manila, I left my old self too.

"I promise to be the best version of myself from this day onward." I smiled.