CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE:

I was sitting down alone, minding my own business, till some bullies decided to mock me in front of everyone.

They made fun of me and made me feel bad about myself.

I should be used to this. WHY AM I NOT USED TO THIS?! Why does it hurt every time?!

"Well, well, well are you Karen's sister? Pft I didn't know the Tomas are into adopting someone!"

"I-I'm not adopted Cynthia please stop spreading rumors" I said almost begging

I looked around and saw all these kids looking at me with disgust in their faces. The amount of respect that they give my sister is the same amount of hatred that they're giving me every day!

I can't take it anymore! I ran to the restroom and cried. That's what I do best. Crying. I'm so sick of being bullied yet none of them cares, NOT EVEN MY PARENTS!

"How could they hate you, Hadley? They love your sister." That's what they say EVERY SINGLE TIME

I'll tell them about this!

*KRINGRINGRING*

Great! Just great! The bell just rang and I'm here in the restroom crying my eyes off!

"Looks like I'm going to be late." I rolled my eyes. "AGAIN."

I didn't even bother running to class I'm already late. What's the point?

I stood in front of our classroom's door, taking a deep breath. "Here we go again."

"Miss Hadley Mayven Tomas" she took a deep breath. "YOU'RE LATE. AGAIN. One more tardiness Miss Tomas you'll be suspended. I mean it." Of course you do, you hate me too.

"Sorry Miss, it won't happen again." I quickly went to my seat obviously embarrassed because of what happened.

"Akala ko ba hindi papasok tong babaitang to? Bakit andito siya ngayon huh?"

"Oh trust me Piper, it takes more than that to kick me out of this school" I smiled and went back to doing my business. Yes, Hadley fake it till you make it. You're doing great sweetie. I told myself.

Time went by quickly and it's time for recess! Yay recess everyone's fav! Well, sorry to break it to you honey but you got no friends so you hate recess.

"HADLEYYYYY" oh gosh she's here, should I run? I don't know!

I was about to run till someone hugged me from behind. Guess who it was? The crowd's favorite!

KAREN THEA TOMAS, my oh so loving sister that is way too perfect! I don't hate her, it's just that she got everything and I'm left with nothing.

"Hey, Ven! Made some friends?"

"Please Thea, it's March just give up. They don't want to be friends with me and I'm fine with it! I promise! You don't need to leave class early every time we eat snacks so that I won't feel alone."

My sister's a great person. I love her so much, she's the only one I got so I won't push her away just because I'm jealous of what she has, she worked for it. Ever since we were kids she always stood up for me whenever I got into trouble, she made me realize my self worth too. That I'm not what people think I am. My sister is my hero and I would do anything, ANYTHING just to pay her back in the future.

"Hey, You okay? Why are you staring at me? Is something wrong?"

"No, Ate it's just that I care for you okay? And if you do have any problems don't hesitate on telling me. My ears are open for you, anytime."

She stared at me teary-eyed then she nodded. I think she was about to say something but the bell just rang. Indicating that our recess is over.

"Goodbye sis, see you later." I kissed her cheek then left for class.

"Goodbye and thank you miss Johnson" we all stood up and walked out of our classroom.

I went to our school's parking area waiting for our driver, for Karen too, maybe she's out there saying goodbye to her friends.

"You and I could be like sonny and cher" I looked at my phone and to my surprise, my mom was calling me, she doesn't usually call.

"Hello, mama? What is it po?"

"Come home right now! Your dad and I have something to discuss with you girls"

"Ok po, does ate know?"

"Yes, honey your sister knows"

"O-Oh well then, good-" she cut it off before I even said goodbye. Typical mom.

I looked at my sister and was confused because she was all teary-eyed.

"I-I'm sorry Ven I wanted to tell you but I-" she started sobbing.

"TELL ME WHAT THEA?"

"I'm sorry Ven."