Trois

Waking up, I felt as though I had calmed down. Nico left last night and I can't say I don't blame him. We haven't had a relationship as siblings at all. But, I guess him not refusing to be in my presense is a good thing. It just feels like I am taking 1 step forward and 3 back. Which, I suppose, is to be expected.

I guess its just a mixture of my guilt and my desire to have a close relationship with Nico. He has every right to despise me. And then, with yesterday's events, he would have been stupid to not get out of New Orleans. Its like the Fates hate me/

I walk into my bathroom and take a look in the mirror before flinching. I look like shit. Dark circles and puffy eyes greet me as a reminder of last night. I know that I shouldn't cry over Klaus, but I can't help it.

I shower, hoping it will help with the puffiness of my eyes. I get out and dress quickly, knowing what I had to do and willing the bravery. I am going to go into the compound and basically give Klaus a piece of my mind. Yes, I know its a bad iea. Do I care? No.

I decide to walk and let my hair air dry. I grab my keys just in case I can't just shadow travel into my house.

I take the longer route and gather my courage along the way. Before I know it, my hand is about to knock on the front door. I take a deep breath and knock.

The door opens and Hayley stands there, seemingly knowing why I am here. She steps out of the way and I go to ask where Klaus is. Before I can ask my question, she says.

"He is in his study. Good luck."

I just nod and trudge to the study. I open the door and see Klaus, obviously waiting for me. I close the door behind me and try to regain the confidence that faded away.

"Emilia, I-"

"Shut up. Just shut up and listen to me for once."

I paused and he stayed silent.

"Do you know how you made me feel? I trusted you despite literally everyone telling me not to. You know, maybe they were right. But I didn't listen..."

I turn to walk away but he grabs my arm.

"I am sorry."

I scoff and rip my arm free.

"Sorry? Really? Nothing better to say. You know, I don't really even know why I even put up with this. I could walk away and I wouldn't ever be bothered again. But do you know why I stay despite it all?"

He goes to say something but then stops.

"Why?" He asks, quietly.

"Because, somehow, I love you. Despite all you have said and done, I somehow still love you,"

"Emilia, I-"

"No, don't finish that. You've made your choice, now I have to make mine. As for my confession, you kissed Cami so it doesn't matter. Don't say it does either,"

I take advantage of his shock and walk out of the house past the shocked face of Rebekah and Kol, who didn't expect me to admit it.

I didn't expect myself to admit it. I regret it already and it's been 10 seconds. I don't want to risk running into him outside his house so I shadow travel away.

I open my eyes to find I am not at my house, as intended. Instead, I am in a forest by a stream. I go by the waterway and sit, allowing my knees to touch my chest. My chin sits on my knees as I feel tears run down my face.

Why did I say that? Now he knows and probably hates me. I shouldn't care. I should not give a shit what he thinks. But I do.

The day passes quickly and I grow tired and hungry. I rise to my feet and step into the shadows, allowing myself to go to the correct location.

Stepping into my bedroom, I throw pajamas on and get under the violet covers of my bed. I don't want to ever leave. It is warm and comfy.

Then, my phone rings. I look over at it to see it is Klaus. I hit decline. He calls again. I hit decline.

I hear a knock at my door and I walk downstairs to get it. I reach the door and open it to see Klaus. I go to close it but he stops it.

"Hear me out."