𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Lying on the ground I slowly opened my eyes

'where am I? Who am I?'

Many questions swirled through my head, but I couldn't remember anything.

Carefully I got up and looked around.

Everything looked weird to me.

I saw a woman coming in my direction

"You took your time to wake up, honey"

The woman, at least I think you can call her that, had light grey hair in a big bun; two red horns, where the tip of the left one broke off; red eyes surrounded by a black sclera; big beautiful red lips and slightly tanned skin.

In short form she was gorgeous

" I have some questions, can you tell me who you are and what's going on?"

I asked her

"Dear, my name is Aether and I am the guide to the deceased. Welcome to the boundary between life and death"

I stared confused at her

' I am where?'

"I think you're confused, my dear. To be brief, you have died"

My eyes expanded at her answer

"W-Wait, how can I talk even though I am supposed to be dead? I don't understand"

She giggled at my words

'even her giggles are sounding sweet'

"You are going to understand it sooner or later  but not right now"

I sighed in dissatisfaction and stayed quiet until I realized...

"Do you know what my name is, Aether? I can't remember a thing..."

"dear, your name is YN and well you are deceased. Your current state is ' on the verge of death'. You are given a chance to go back to your life"

" I can go back to my life? What do I need to do for it?"

"You found that out quickly, dear. You need to fulfill a Quest which I will give you"

'oh great... This will be a fun time'

"The Quest may or may not have anything to do with your past life, just to tell you. Some Quests are just here for the further story"

I nodded after hearing her words

"so my dear, are you willing to do this?"

I quietly said yes which she seemed to pick up

"Good decision. You will have 6 days to end your Quest. If you don't make it in time, you will be forever in this place as undead or how you humans call it, Zombies"

'Damn...I don't want to end as a zombie. I guess I will do my best! What even is my Quest?'

"Your Quest will be - to murder the person who killed someone special to you"

I got upset hearing her

"What! How should I do that? I can't even look back to my past life?"

"as I said before, you will figure it out"

Aether handed me a pretty looking gun

"I forgot to tell you something. You can only shoot with your gun when someone wants to kill you"

'That doesn't make anything better... I don't want to murder anyone'

I decided to respond to this with a little okay

Aether smiled at me and put her hand on my forehead

She whispered goodbye to me and everything went black