fifteen

As we walked inside I shook off my heavy, rain-soaked coat and placed it on the radiator to my right. Harry flicked on the lights, brightening up the hallway and rushed towards what I assumed to be the heating to turn it on. Unfortunately, the rain had caught us again, on our way to the front door, so I rubbed my red, freezing hands together and kicked off my shoes. I watched Harry walk into his room and moved down the hallway, peering my head into the doorway. "Um, do you have anything I could borrow?" I asked him with a small voice.

He turned sharply, clearly not expecting me to be there, he sent me a straightforward nod. In response, I trod lightly on my tiptoes, balancing on them as I carefully opened his gigantic, built-in closet. There were many options to choose from, I wasn't sure what to choose, but I soon felt my limbs deflate with a fraction of disappointment. "It's in the wash." Looking over my shoulder, I saw Harry walk over to me. "The green one you borrowed," he leant over me and began searching through the clothing hangers, causing a gust of his scent to catch my nostrils. "What about this one, would it be okay?" He held up a black rolling stones t-shirt and I nodded. Last time I'd slept there I woke up boiling hot, so it made sense to sleep in a shirt instead.

"Thanks," I muttered, gently taking the shirt from his hands. I looked back up at the wardrobe, tilting my head curiously as a bright lilac caught my eye; I moved a few hangers out of the way to get a better look, it was a knitted sweater. I smiled, turning to face him. "You should wear this, I've never seen you in it," I said.

He swooped in, giving himself a clearer sight of the jumper hanging up on display. "I've worn it, just not in a while," he corrected me and I bit my lip.

"Okay... Well, I'm going to change. I'll see you in the morning?" I trailed, stepping away and in the direction of the door.

Harry shut the doors of the closet, sighing and running his fingers through his dampened curls. "Are you sure you should sleep alone?" He asked me with a bland voice, I couldn't read it.

"Um," I hesitated, sliding my foot across the carpet silently. "Yeah, yeah... I'll be fine," I let him know with a half-smile, turning on my heel and heading to the spare bedroom. It must've been late, my eyelids were practically anchors and my limbs were terribly slow. Usually, I could keep up with late nights, but so much had happened and I knew how badly I needed to rest.

After changing into Harry's t-shirt, thankful it trailed far enough down my thighs due to its size, I took a deep breath and shuffled across the room to head for the light switch. My finger reached up, but I pulled back when I was interrupted by a soft knock. Pacing over, I opened the door and saw Harry in a fresh t-shirt and joggers, glaring down at me, seeming to avoid looking at my body. I was aware I had no bottoms on, but I couldn't exactly react or change with him directly in front of me. "You alright?"

His pupils dilated for a brief second before he nodded. "Yeah. I don't think you should be alone."

Relief tickled the back of my neck, but I shrugged it off. He felt bad for me because I was being pathetic. Nothing happened, we were all fine.

"I'll get past it. I was just worried about Niall you know? But he's okay so I am too." I weakly smiled at him, though he kept his face still. "Get some sleep." My hand lightly pushed the door, inching it closed, but Harry's hand came up and held it open.

"Stay with me."

I took a double glance at him, questioning whether I imagined those words leaving his lips. "Wh-" Surely he couldn't be serious. "But I said I'll be fine..."

He sighed tiredly, rubbing his eyes. "No you won't be. You're still worried, I can see it in your eyes. You're all flustered, I know you won't sleep well. Just lay next to me okay?" I could tell by the impatience in his tone he was becoming agitated.