Chapter 6

*unedited*
Noel's POV

My body seems to be rejecting any type of food. Whatever I try to eat just keeps coming back up and, believe me, it's quite horrid. Bonny had been helping me well, throw up, but then I begged her to get some rest. I think I can manage throwing up all on my own. Liana has checked on me at least five times in the past hour, and I'm beginning to wonder if something is fatally wrong with me. Surely they'd tell me. I wonder if I would even mind. Sleep drowns out any thoughts of death and pain, and,this time, my dreams are wiped clean of any memories at all.
I'm pulled from my thoughts as I hear a knock at the door.
"Come in."
Liana comes in holding her pin and clip board, a pencil tucked behind her ear. She's one of the most busiest people I've ever seen, devoted to what she does, and not coming across as someone that would give up easily.
I'm expecting her to deliver news of a infection or disease or something that's slowly killing me. Because that's what I feel like, like I'm slowly dying.
"I have news," she says, tucking an escaping strand of hair behind her ear.
Here it comes.
"As you know, Bonny seems to be fine but you seem to be.."

"Dying?"

She nods her head.
"But thankfully, that's not the case. It's just the lasting effects of what we used to make you sick."

"How? I've been like this for over a week. Shouldn't it have worn off by now?"
Why would they even want or need me sick for that long?

"You had a well, different reaction to the poison. It effected the part of your brain that had been giving you your memories back."
She bites her lip as if there's something more to what she's saying.
"Effected it how?" I ask.
Come on, Liana tell me.

"They don't want you to know. I'm not allowed to say anything yet." She keeps folding and unfolding the tip of a paper nervously. I know she wants to tell me.

"You won't have the memories anymore, Noel. Instead, you have a new sort of gift. You'll be able to read people's minds."

Bonny's POV

I was fine until this morning. My head is pounding and I'm not sure I could stand up if I tried. It seems so much like my arms at secured to my bed that I even check to make sure they aren't. It feels as if there's a heavy weight on my body. Not just physically, but mentally.
The dream I had suddenly floods back to me.

"Wait! Don't do that, Noel. You'll get killed," I'm screaming it to the top of my lungs. He pays me no attention and proceeds into flame engulfed building.
I fall to my knees, tears falling down my face. I should go in there. I should help him. But I can't. I'm paralyzed with fear.
A tall girl with light brown hair cautiously steps toward me, offering her hand.
"Don't worry," she says, her voice sounding muffled. "You're going to be fine."
I reach my hands toward the building as I'm being slowly pulled away. "Noel."

I don't know what it means, but it looks bad. I couldn't think of any scenario that would lead to anything like that.
I turn my attention to the doors as someone comes in, holding my morning breakfast and a syringe.

Before I realize what I'm doing, I run to her and squeeze my hands around her neck.

"What are you doing? Who the heck are you?"

She's the same girl from my dream.

She grasps for breath, the syringe still in her hand, the food scattered all over the floor.

"Bonny, listen to me," she chokes out. I loosen my grip slightly, still keeping a strong hold on her. "My name is Amara. I'm here to help."

"You just let him die. You didn't even help him." The anger controls me as I think back to the vision. She could have saved him but she didn't.

Whatever that vision was, if it's in the future, I will not let anything happen to Noel.

"Bonny, I don't know what you're talking about."
Before I have time to react, she plunges the syringe in my neck, the last thing I see is the deep marks where my nails had dug into her neck. What is happening to me?

Sorry for the short chapter! It's been a long while since I've updated, but I'm so glad I finally go to! What do you think about Noel's new ability? And what the heck is happening to Bonny?

Goal: 10 votes :)

It'd be awesome if I could reach my goal! Thanks everyone for reading!!!