ch4. I only love you

Linnett's POV

Tears of joy fall from my eyes. It's really him! It must be a dream though but I don't care. He on the other hand doesn't look happy at all, he looks hurt.

"You have feelings for him, don't you?" He says with a painful face expression. "What? No of course not! I only love you!" I say honest. "You don't know it yet" He says. I look confused at him. "What do you mean?" I ask him confused.

"I got some news from the moon goddess and I got to deliver it so I got to see you one last time" He says. Moon goddess? But this is a dream, right? "No it's not a dream if that is what you think" He says.

I look at him more confused. "The moon goddess told me that you are mated to the both of us" He says. Tears start to form in my eyes. That is impossible! You can't have more than one mate!

He puts his arms around me and strokes my hair. "She told me it's because it was my fate to die early and that he would become an awe full Alpha. You would have been mateless either way because I would die nonetheless, but if you would be mated to him too, then you wouldn't be mateless. And you can change him to a better person as well" He said while I cried in his arms.

I don't want to be mated to him. He killed Melville! A tear falls from his eyes too. I look up at him in his eyes. "I failed" He says. "Don't say that" I say and wipe away his tears.

"Just like you just said, you weren't meant to live long, it's not your fault" I say. "Yes but it still feels like I failed you, our pack and our children" He says.

"Even if they weren't meant to be born" He says a bit softer. "Of course they were" I say and stroke his cheek. "No they weren't, the moon goddess told me. You were meant for Gennadi" He says sad.

Tears never stopped falling from my eyes but they are flooding even more right now. He strokes my cheek, trying to wipe away the tears but fails.

"You were a gift for me, so I could still have a mate. And I am still thankful for that" He says. I start to cry out loud. He forces me to look up by gently lifting up my chin.

I stare at him right in his eyes. "Know that I love you and will always watch you. But now the time has come to let me go" He says.

"No! I will never let you go, I love you! You are my mate" I say stubborn. "But so is Gennadi" He says. I shake my head no. "He is not the one that I love. I don't care about the matebond. I only love you" I say stubborn.

"You have to let me go. You got a second change, an other mate" He says saddened. "But I don't want an other mate" I say as stubborn as previously. He strokes my cheek.

"You have to let me go. You will end up happy again, but not with me but with him. It will hurt to see you loving someone else but I would do anything to see you happy, even if it's not with me. If you're happy, I'm happy" He says and smiles slightly.

"But I will feel guilty for loving him. It feels like betrayal" I say. "Don't be, he is your mate too, we weren't meant to be. And no one thinks you're a betrayer, it's not your fault. I failed as an Alpha which you suffer the consequences from" He says and looks sad.

"You didn't fail" I say stubborn again. He sighs. "I just want you to know that I will always love you and I hope you will never forget about me. But for now you have to let the past go, including me" He says and puts his forehead on mine.

Tears stopped coming out of my eyes but that doesn't mean I don't want to cry, the tears just dried out. We kiss each other on the lips. For a moment I forget about everything.

After what felt like ages we let go. He takes a step back. "Know we will always love you" He says. Our children stand next to him. I start to cry again but no tear leaves my eyes.

"We love you mommy" Drake says. I give my children one by one a hug. They weren't meant to exist. Still I love them with all my heart and will never stop loving them. I give one last look at my previous family, they look happy and in rest. They soon disappear into the light.

~*~

I wake up crying out loud. I feel that my face was already wet from the tears so I must have cried in my sleep.

Gennadi noticed and puts his arms around me. He pulls me closer to him and starts to stroke my hair. I hate to admit it but it calms me down. After a while I fall as sleep in his arms.