Chapter 4: Hoseok.

*in the hospital*

Members: *rush in*

Seokjin: Where could he be??

Taehyung: Should we ask somebody?

Seokjin: Right! Excuse me! *to the doctor* Excuse me, I am Kim Seokjin. We got a call that our friend Jung Hoseok collapsed during work, and--

Doctor: Follow me.

Jimin: Hoseok!

Hoseok: Guys? How did you know I was here?

Namjoon: We received a call.

Hoseok: Right..

Seokjin: Wh-- Why did you collapse??

Namjoon: Are you sure you're sleeping and eating properly? You never seem exhausted-

Seokjin: Is it because of your narcolepsy-

Jungkook: Guys, let him speak!

Hoseok: ... I am eating properly, and sleeping normally-- a... actually... I.. Last night I got a nightmare. There's something I haven't told you.. *sigh* When I was little, my mom and I went to the amusement park. She said we'll play a game and told me to close my eyes. I was only 7 years old when it happened. I remember her giving me a candy bar and then she told me to count to ten. I did. ...but when I opened my eyes... she wasn't there...

Members: !!!!

Hoseok: She abandoned me that day. She left me all alone in the park!! I've never met my dad and there was only me and my mom. Since that day I was an orphan. I was an orphan for 10 years, and my narcolepsy started to get worse. I was adopted and was able to go to school, and that's how I met you all. When I turned 18 I moved out, and then we created a group and yeah. Last night I got a memory of that day when mom abandoned me, and today at work I remembered it. I stressed out and fainted. Maybe it was my narcolepsy too.

Members: !...

Jimin: Why didn't you ever tell us??

Hoseok: Because.... You always see me as this happy-guy, who always dances and we never brought the topic about our past, so...

Seokjin: He's right. We had never talked about our personal lives. We were just hanging out and having fun together.

Jimin: We have to do that! We are a group after all!

Namjoon: Right. When Hoseok will get better.

Hoseok: Guys, I'm fine!

Namjoon: The doctors will see to that.

Everyone left the room but Jimin decided to stay.

Hoseok: Are you gonna pity me now?

Jimin: What? No! I just wanted to stay and keep you company...

Hoseok: I should've guessed. Sorry I snapped like that...

Jimin: ... How are you feeling?

Hoseok: Perfectly fine! No need to make that big of a deal out of it!

Jimin: But I mean.. you have narcolepsy and--

Hoseok: So what?! I have lived with it for years and was perfectly fine!

The younger didn't know what to say. He was simply worried and Hoseok knew he was.

Hoseok: Sorry, I just--

Jimin: No, no, it's okay. I shouldn't have asked.

Hoseok: You were just worrying. It's kinda my fault too. I should've told you all that. I just thought that once you'll find out, the manager will find out after, and will not allow me to perform. Since there's a chance I may 'pass out', as you put it, during the performance.

Jimin: No, no! Don't say that! Nobody is going to kick you out! You're a great rapper! An amazing dancer! You're the hope and the shiny sun of the group! That's what we love you for!

Hoseok: Hope..? That can be my stage name! J-Hope!

Jimin: J-Hope! Haha! But, why J-hope?

Hoseok: 'Jung' starts with 'J'.

Jimin: I should've guessed that. What should my stage name be...?

Hoseok: I mean, 'Jimin' sounds good too.

Jimin: But it is my name.

Hoseok: But it suits you and sounds cute! Oh! I know! 'Baby J'! Haha!

Jimin: No. 'Jimin' is fine.

Hoseok: Our fans will come up with some nicknames for us!

Jimin: You're right. *smiles*

*some time later Hoseok got signed out of the hospital*

Hoseok: Hah! Finally! I'm so tired of just lying there! Let's go practice!

Jimin: Sure!

Hoseok: And Jimin.

Jimin: ?

Hoseok: Thank you for staying at the hospital with me.

Jimin: Of course!