the True Forbidden Child

My name is Crowley, and I am a lieutenant of hell. I hate my boss. Currently I am thinking of the many irrationally wants to start the apocalypse and apparently, that means that I have to kill some child whose existence was forbidden from before birth or some other confusing, prophetic nonsense. I am a demon, killing's what we do, but I just have better things to do with my time. I have deals to make, a business to run, souls to drag into the pit, people to torture, and pesky hunters to kill.

Although this is a waste of my time, I must do it, so here I am. Apparently, the girl's parents died in a fire about three months ago so she's currently in an orphanage. It'll be hard to catch her alone but when she walks home from school she should be without company.

~~~~~~~

I've been waiting for about five minutes. Just following her. She's wearing dark blue jeans. Blue sneakers, with a destroyed logo and at least twenty different sketches, squeak when her feet hit the wet sidewalk. Her face and hair are hidden behind a blue swim team jumper's hood, likely from school and pulled up because of the rain. From a distance, she looks older than she is, not in her features, for they are hidden but in her stance. She looks like she's seen more than any adult would in the course of their life. Although that makes sense. She is the daughter of Poseidon after all. I see her turn off the sidewalk into an alley. Unbeknownst to me, this was the same alley she always fought monsters in when they followed her home. I stalk her at a distance until she stops and turns. She drops her hood her raven black hair falls unto her face. It reminds me of Gavin, my son in life, in the way the raven locks curl and wave. Her voice echoes around us. "Before we start I just want to know what you are and why you're trying to kill me this time."

Surprised by the fact that she knew I was there, and that she could be so calm in a suspected attack, I step out and say "Crowley, King of the crossroads, a demon of hell."

"Percy Jackson. The way I remember it, there weren't any demons in hell. Or at least any that look human." she sassed, slowly uncapping her famous blade Riptide. Lilith and Marcus warned me that celestial bronze can decapitate a demon, so I must be prepared for defense. "I don't want to kill you, Crowley. I would rather continue on my way home. If you let me be then I might just let you survive a little longer, your majesty." She said with spite.

"I am sorry. I cannot do that, oh forbidden one." I sarcastically replied. "You must die to raise my master. So you see, we can make a deal, or I can hunt you down. I would prefer a quick death, for both our sake's. Any path you choose will end in you dying, in any case. I don't want you dead but-"

"Nope." she very rudely interrupted. "I'm not going to die. You're not going to kill me, and there will be no dealing," she said. A soft breeze flows through the alleyway and my our coats flow open revealing our weapons. Her sword is in her hand already so I move my hand over my knife in response. She lunged at me. In my startled state, I only had time to jump away and as the speed, she swung her blade was expert level, her attack slid across my arm. There was no way I would survive without my demon powers. I ducked and kicked out towards her knocking her back. She stumbled and then spun when I thrust my knife at her. She stabbed parried and swung, I thrust blocked and slashed. When I threw her against the nearby dumpster with my abilities she made the rain grab my wrists and I collided with the wall. We exchanged blows for about two more minutes until she won. Her sword was embedded right next to my heart. She pulled out her blade and I dropped to the ground. She must have thought I was dead because she turned away and continued home. I sat there until I was able to stand and stumbled when I tried, knowing that if I could not complete the task Lilith would end my demonic life. Pain still ebbed out of the wound.

"Bollix"