Great Adoption

You may be asking what possessed me to adopt the girl instead of just trying to kill her again. Failure is not an option and the first plan didn't work. When we were both alone she defeated me in seconds however so back up for the battle. All I have to do is convince her to come. That's how I ended up at the orphanage, about to adopt my target.

"What?" Persie asked after my introduction. I didn't notice before but her ocean green eyes remind me of one of those hunters Lilith is so afraid of. Daren, Dorian, Damien, Dean, Dean that's his name.

"I want to adopt you. Why don't we go into the other room and talk. If that would be fine with you cupcake?" I asked the disgusting woman next to me. She might be trying to help these kids but from what I hear she's only got about three years left in her deal.

Mrs. Charlestone's sickeningly sweet voice answered "Of course Mr. Mac Loud."

We went into the other room and she whispered loudly "What are you doing here? And whats with going from trying to kill me to wanting to adopt me?"

"I have to bring about the rise of Lucifer." I respond "Now, you will come with me and die and you will like it. I'm sure you'll end up in heaven anyways." I try to reason.

"No. I'm done with the interruptions! Why do you monsters always have to kill me? Why is there always some prophecy?" She whines. "Why do you have to raise Lucifer, and even though I'm just assuming, who wants to destroy the world or something?" I was then confused. How would Persie be connected to the apocalypse if she doesn't even know who Lucifer is? "Wait, you don't want to kill me?" She realized.

I don't  want to raise Lucifer. He'll end the world and then the demons wouldn't make any deals, but my boss wants her dead so she must. I reluctantly admit to myself. "Your girlfriend. She was calling you before I came in. Her parents are away from home and her brothers are at a game. Her house is surrounded."

"You changed the subject?" She said. "Wait, WHAT! You have my girlfriends house surrounded and primed to kill her, all just to kill me!"

"Yes now would you come." I said. She frowned and turned and walked out. "I'll take that as a yes." and followed after her. She got in the car and we drove off.

"Great adoption. My new dad wants to kill me."