Joe [𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚖]

No, I don't know what I'm doing and, admittedly, I never do. This oneshot is a mess so excuse me if there are any mistakes, I'm trying my best to get things to work.

☾⚘☽

Being stuck in a room with a bunch of strangers was scary enough, but the fact that half these said strangers seemed out of their mind sure wasn't helping the case. So far, there were only two people in the room you were fairly sure you could trust. Both of them were wearing the same high school uniform as you, but you definitely hadn't seen either of them before now. 

You had gone through my first trial alone, reading a bunch of seemingly useless information about dolls or something like that; But within a time limit. 

You closely inspected the two students who stood across the room - or hall, rather. One of them was oddly bright ginger hair, who's arms were down at her sides. Just from looking at her, you felt that she was important. Am I sure I've never seen her before? The second one was a boy, his arms crossed over his chest. He looked pretty tired; Or irritated, to say the least. His eyelids were half-closed underneath the shadow of a few stray strands of hair. 

The girl's eyes shifted over to your gaze, but you didn't snap your eyes away, not even once she nudged the boy's arm and pointed at you. Slowly, they both walked towards you, turning you on edge as you shifted your weight to the opposite foot. 

The ginger smiled sweetly at you, then pointed down at your uniform. "You go to Sonobeno too?" She asked, her smile never faltering. She seemed pretty genuine, there wasn't a reason you shouldn't trust her, anyways. 

You nodded, letting your hair sway a little with the motion. "Yeah-" You paused, taking a second to think over giving her your name. Once again, there wasn't any reason not to trust her, so you went ahead. "I'm Y/n, Y/n L/n."

Her smile grew bigger as she replied, "I'm Sara Chidouin! This guy beside me is Joe Tazuna."

The boy whose name you had just learned as 'Joe' squinted at you and frowned. "U- Um, is something wrong..?"

Joe's squint rested, leaving him to stare at you with an eerily blank expression. "Not at all! I'm just trying to think..." He said, putting his index finger up to his chin, while a small crease formed between his eyebrows, concentrated. "Oh! You're the president of the writing club, aren't you?"

"N- No, that would be the reading club," You corrected him, smiling quite awkwardly. That's why I was able to finish reading all those books so fast... 

"Joe, be more careful when you speak!" Sara shouted, gently pushing Joe, who lightly punched her arm in retaliation. 

"Sara," You call, laughing ever so slightly as you interrupt their childish fighting, "He didn't say anything offensive-"

"Yeah!" Joe yelled, shoving Sara one last time before slinging an arm around your shoulder. "She's on my side!"

"Th- There are sides to this??"

"Joe, you can't just-"

"Can you three quiet down over there? We're gonna start introductions," The tall, blonde man interrupted Sara before she could finish what she was saying. 

You looked over sheepishly to where everyone else stood, slightly closer to one another now, still all surrounding the blonde man. Everyone said a little about themselves, letting everyone become a bit more acquainted with each other, which was honestly for the best. 

You ran down all the names and occupations in your head. Keiji Shinogi, a policeman. Kazumi Mishima, an art teacher for a high school. Nao Egokoro, one of his students. Q-Taro Burgerburg, a baseball star. Kai Satou, a homemaker who apparently makes a really good eggs benedict. Reko Yabusame, a rock star (who Joe recognized almost immediately) that plays the... The bongos. Sou Hiyori, a job-hopper who you couldn't help but tag as 'suspicious'. Sara and Joe, of course, went to the same high school as you and arrived at this place together. Gin Ibushi, an elementary student. Finally, Kanna Kizuchi, and middle-schooler whose mentality was evidently weak, seeing as how she passed out almost perfectly subsequently to her introduction.