Chapter one

Camilla's POV

Beep beep beep beep!

"Ugh, it's morning again" I groaned sitting up and rubbing my eyes. But this was no ordinary morning, my interview as an assistant in Stone Inc is scheduled for today. I looked over at my alarm and saw it was seven thirty and my interview is by nine.

I got down and walked into the bathroom to take care of my business and take a warm shower. After I was done I walked over to my closet to grab an outfit. After much deliberation, I settled on a black pencil skirt that was slightly below my knee and had a slit at the side, with a peach chiffon top. I put them on and sat on the chair in my vanity. I wasn't a pro when it comes to make up so I just applied a little eye liner with nude lipstick and I let let my curls fall freely. If there's one thing I really love on my body, it's my long dark brown hair with caramel highlights. I slipped into my nude pumps and took my bag and my CV and other essentials before going out to the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast. I prepared omelette and a cup of coffee and ate as quickly as possible. I love food especially when am nervous. Stone Inc is the biggest company in New York with branches in other countries and to get called for an interview there is really making me feel dizzy.

I made sure I was pretty full before going out of my apartment. I got a cab and headed straight for Stone Inc. After twenty minutes, the cab pulled off in front of a large and tall building am guessing should have like eighty floors. I paid the driver and went in. The place was made with glass and looked beautiful. I looked around and saw the reception desk and walked over to ask for directions. It was a young lady am guessing should be around my age with blonde hair. She was wearing a white sleeveless shirt that exposed a good portion of her breast and a red lipstick that gave made me wonder if I was in the right place.

"Excuse me, am here for the interview" I said giving her my polite smile.

She gave me a weird look which later became a disgusting look and went back to typing something on her laptop. I figured it's because of the way I was dressed.

What an attitude!

"Go up to eightieth floor, you'll find someone there. She'll tell you what to do" she replied without giving me a second glance.

I didn't know her but I already don't like her. What a rude attitude for a receptionist. I turned around and began walking towards the elevator when I noticed that the female workers here really have a thing for dressing seductively. Yeap I was right, the building had eighty floors. I got out of the elevator and walked over to the desk that was there. There was another lady she looked older. She should be in her forties. She lifted up her head and gave me a warm welcoming smile.

Now there's a nice person.

" How may I help you Miss.."

"Camilla Cruz, just call me Camilla please"

"...ok Camilla" she said still smiling.

"Am here for the interview" I replied smiling back at her.

She tipped her glasses down a little to look over the rim.

"You're different" she responded looking surprised.

"Sorry?" I asked looking confused.

"You'll see. Now come with me dear.

I followed her down the hall to a waiting room that was at the moment filled with ladies who were also her for the interview.