chapter four

"Good morning Cami, how was your night" Susan asked giving me warm smile.

"It was okay" I replied.

"How's Simon doing"

"He's fine dear. Just busy with work and all"

Simon is Susan's husband. He owns a small diner down the block. He is also very nice and friendly.

"You two need some quality time together" I said wiggling my brows which caused her to chuckle.

"Good advice but for later cos we both have work to do" she replied pointing a finger to me and her. Susan left to attend to her business and I went down and got Jayden's coffee before going up to his office.
I knocked and waited for a come in on the other side before going in.

"Good morning Mr Stone" I said with my serious voice. He didn't look up from his computer and didn't say a word to me.

"It's polite to answer a greeting" he still said nothing and continued typing something on his computer.

I put the coffee down on his table before sitting down and waiting for him to look up, but he didn't. I waited a little longer and got really pissed when he didn't even look my way. I got up annoyed causing the chair to make a sound.

"Now look Jayden, I don't know what got your panties in a twist and I don't care but I have work to get to so if you don't mind can we please get done with this" I said almost running out of breath.

He looked up from his computer and I saw a smirk forming on his lips.

"Hey shortcake, when did you come in?"

"Seriously?"

"By the way I like the way you say my name"  he replied giving me a wink.

And that's when I remembered what he told me yesterday.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you have to do that all the time" he asked

"What"

"The thing you do with your eyes"

"Oh this" I asked and rolled my eyes.

"Yes" he replied and I could hold back a chuckle. I like pissing him off.

He stood up from his chair and walked towards me. With every step he took, I took a step back until I felt my back hit the wall and there was no much space between us.

"What's wrong shortcake. Do I scare you?" He asked tilting his face down to meet mine.
I swallowed hard and tried to speak but I couldn't find my voice. He smirked and walked back to his chair.

"I need you go over the agreement with Ramesh industry and set up a luncheon with Victor Ramesh. Make sure the conference room is ready for the meeting with the investors in an hour. Also I'll need you here on Friday after working hours so we can make my monthly planner." He said with his usual blank stare.

"Why can't we do that during work hours" I asked.

"Because I have work to do during that time" I knew that nothing I will say or do now will change his mind so I gave up and left his office.

As soon as I got to my office I let out an exasperating sigh.

This guy is unbelievable!

I brought out the documents needed for the meeting and walked out to the conference room. I got it set and ready for use in good time. I took my seat next to Jayden and the meeting began. All I did was take note of the important thing that were said. An older looking man next to me was making some weird gestures to me through out the meeting making me uncomfortable. He put his hands on my laps and began to squeeze it slightly moving up. I quickly slapped his hands and he drew it back for some minutes before bringing it back again. I got annoyed at that instant and didn't care if we were in a meeting or not.