The Hunted

The other Paladins joined Keith and I shortly after we left the hangar. Instead of having Coran make a worm hole to the location, we travelled the long way. We were in front of a planet.

"Lotor's cruiser is on the other side of the planet," Pidge said. "At our current rate of speed, we'll be within attack ranged within an hour."

"Good. Hold formation," Keith said.

And we did that for a few minutes. However, people were still trying to get used to their lions. Allura rammed into Hunk.

"Apologies, Hunk," Allura said.

"Is attacking right now such a good idea? You know, since not everyone is so great with their lions?" Hunk asked.

"Do you mean me, specifically?" Allura asked.

"You? No! No way! I didn't- I'm just simply pointing out that more than half of the team are in new lions. Maybe now is not a great time to bite off more than we can chew," Hunk said.

"You can blame our hot-headed leader for that one," Lance said.

"First you want me to lead, then you complain about how I do it. Prince Lotor is the heir to the Galra throne. We could end his reign right now," Keith said.

"Allura, you doin okay in blue?" Lance asked.

"I'm fine. I've been flying the castle for half my life," Allura responded. "I just need a few ticks to adjust to the lion."

"Good. Because we're goin in," Keith said.

"I'm with Hunk on this one. There's still so much we don't know about the lions," I told Keith. "Quiznak. I'm detecting movement."

"So much for the element of surprise," Lance said.

I watched one fighter leave. Hunk asked what I was thinking.

"It's just a single fighter? Where's the rest of them?" Hunk asked.

"Probably scrambling as we speak. Let's take it out," Keith said.

He piloted the black lion towards the fighter, which flew away. Lance came up behind us and hit us out of the way.

"Lance, what are you doing?" Keith asked.

"Sorry! Red here is a lot faster than I'm used to!" Lance yelled. "Uh... where'd that fighter go?"

"Behind us, watch out!" I said. "It's shooting!"

And it started to shoot at Keith and I. Keith wasn't able to get away as fast as he was used to. He was getting annoyed.

"Come on, move!" Keith said, trying to make the lion go faster.

He dodged a lot of the attacks, but wasn't fast enough to dodge all of them.

"It's like this fighter is aiming for the black lion," I said to myself.

"I can't shake him, someone get this guy off my tail!" Keith asked.

"Coming in on your six!" Pidge said.

Allura, Pidge, and Hunk each fires lasers at the fighter, who dodged all of them. It maneuvered does the lasers hit Keith and I.

"Allura!" Keith yelled.

"I'm sorry, Keith!" Allura said.

"Lance, what are you doing?" I asked, watching him float by.

"Seriously, does this thing have brakes?" Lance asked.

The fighter started shooting at us again. It's like he knows there's something different about the leader. The fighter maneuvered around so people were hitting each other.