.:+ I'm not letting go +:. ❌

This is really short and just a little maximum angst moment. Depending on demand I might continue

"Laz?.." A small voice piped, hardly audible. Lapis perked instantly and leaned over her crumpled form. "What is it?" She asked, reaching out and rubbing her arm reassuringly.

"..I'm scared. I'm really scared."

Lapis scooped Peridot in close, pulling her protectively into her lap and grasping one of her hands firmly and lacing their fingers together, whispering reassurance as she stirred in her arms.

Cradling her, Lapis answered. "I know, I know, just hang in there, ok? Steven will be here soon, and I'm right here, I'm not letting go, ok? I promise. Just hang on." She cooed, hugging her and pressing her forehead against hers.

Peridot trembled and burrowed herself closer to her, whimpering and clutching her shirt. Lapis squeezed her hand and gave a small kiss to her gem. She was so small and fragile in her arms.

Lapis brought out her water wings and wound them around Peridot tightly, giving her hand another soft squeeze, to which she stopped shivering and relaxed in her embrace. Lapis sighed, nuzzling her cheek before resting her head on top of her hair.