Chapter 1

EDIT 3: POOGGG NEW COVER IMAGES ARE BY _jaszczivlog_
GIVE HER SOME LOVE

***

Dream POV

The crowd screams my name as I stand tall and proud in front of my defeated opponent, his dark red eyes glaring at me in fury and disbelief, but I can see a glint of shame in them. The air is freezing, but neither of us are shivering from the winter's cold. The frosty snow falls gently around the us but the crowd doesn't stop cheering.

"AND PRINCE DREAM OF THE DREAMS SMP KINGDOM FINALLY BEATS THE UNDEFEATED PRINCE TECHNOBLADE OF THE ANTARCTIC EMPIRE!" Prince Skeppy roars at the mic as the spokesman, next to his soulmate from last year, Prince BadBoyHalo (or Bad), who was also whooping and cheering me on.

I say 'Prince' but in reality we don't really talk to each other like that but Skeppy has to be formal in front of the crowd, who aren't royalty like everyone in the tournament. Skeppy and Bad voluntarily decided not to join in the monthly royal sparring tournament because they enjoyed commentating on everyone's move. It was Skeppy's idea to be the spokesperson, actually, and Bad just follows whatever he does like a puppy. They are just so in love, aren't they? They were so very lucky to be in love before the yearly traditional Snowfall Ball's moonlight shone on them both when they had bumped into each other, showing them that they were meant to be soulmates.

I turn around to see my boyfriend, George, who jumps into my arms and gives me a kiss. I don't hesitate to kiss him back. We loved each other dearly but there was one problem. We were risking our relationship by being together.  We were because we haven't been signified by the Snowfall Ball's moonlight that we were soulmates. Unlike Bad and Skeppy, they hadn't risked their hearts by not getting in a relationship, even though they eventually did become soulmates.

What was also special about the Snowfall Ball was that we had to wear these masks that covered our entire faces and muffled our voices so that we wouldn't be able to recognize each other. These rules were made so that we wouldn't try and rig the system by staying by the person we wanted to be soulmates with. The moonlight would shine exactly when the clock struck midnight, and there would always be the soulmates who had bumped into each other, or were talking to each other, or whatever they were doing together, they were always right on time for it. Anyways, I'm rambling. Where was I?

We pushed each other away and I stared into his beaming brown eyes for a moment before looking at my fallen enemy.

"You're not number one anymore," I look at him, grinning proudly. Techno looks at the floor with a blank expression on his face.

"You may have won this battle, Dream, but I will win the war," Techno glares at me menacingly but I just bow down to him mockingly.

"Sure, you will, your majesty," I stand up right again elegantly and look at him teasingly while George clings to my arm.

"Fuck you," Techno crosses his arms and makes his way towards the exit of the arena.

"LANGUAGE!" Bad screeches into the mic and Techno scoffs in response. Skeppy laughs and shoves Bad aside from the mic.

"That's it for this months Monthly Royal Sparring Tournament! Give it up one last time for this month's winner, Prince Dream!" The crowd goes wild, screaming my name and I raise my hands up in victory. Technoblade's title is long gone now and I shall take his crown.