Lv 7: Early Bird

For some strange reason, that I didn't really question, I was at the beach, walking along the smooth, white sandy terrain. The sun was hot and shining brightly, just another warm, Sunny Day like any other. I found the perfect spot under the shade of a strange palm tree to relax by. From there I watched a little girl playing in the distance. She was young, about five or so, and wore a pinkish swimsuit. She splashed around in the shallow water, laughing and crying out as the waves reached her chubby legs.

Then, from the corner of my eye, I spotted Red making his way over towards me, but he suddenly stopped to look at the same little girl. He stood there, his arm over his hips, wearing nothing more than his red swim trunks and hat that blocked out the sun from his eyes. His smooth, pale skin was exposed, and I got a good look at his surprisingly fit body. Even from a distance, I could see his well defined abs. It was the first time I saw him without a shirt on, and yet it didn't even feel that way.

"Honey, be careful!" He cried out at the little girl, who replied with giggles and more laughter. "Violet! Stay where I can see you!"

"Okay daddy!" She replied, going back to her fun in the water.

Red turned back to me and smiled, casually walking back over towards me and laying down right next to me.

For some strange reason, I didn't panic when he did it either, or act weird about him grabbing my arm and pulling me closer towards. Resting my head on his bare chest, I could feel his smooth, soft skin against my mine, all while we both looked out at the little girl.

"Your daughter is going to get stung by a Tentacool." He warned me, pulling as I playfully stole his hat to try it on for myself. "Tell her to get out of the water."

"She'll be fine," I finally spoke, casually reassuring Red to lighten up. "Blastoise is out there with her. He'll defend her if one of those wild, Jellyfish Pokémon appears."

Out of nowhere, Blastoise appeared in the water with the little girl, who was now climbing on top of him as if to Surf on its back.

"If only it could always be like this... it's so relaxing." Red quietly spoke out loud.

I raked through his brown, silky hair, caressed his cheek and picked his chin up so that he would open his eyes and look at me.

"Who says it can't." I told him, blushing a bit when he opened one eye to look at me and then smiled.

"Well, if you want it to stay this way, just leave it to me then." He said, with a charming and confident tone of voice. "I'll make your wish come true."

We both began to move in closer for a kiss, but a loud, obnoxious sound running toward us stopped us from pursuing. For some strange reason, a brown, Triple Bird Pokémon now stood right in front of us, a wild Dodrio had appeared. Even without knowing exactly where I was, I knew this was strange because we were obviously not in any kind of Grassland habitat.

So what is one of them doing here?

Before I could think about it any further, each head opened its beak and let out an enormous Screech. Their Uproar was so loud that it woke me right up.

...

I landed on my face and realized I was running late. If the neighbor's Dodrio hadn't let out its morning cry just now, who knows when I would have gotten up. Having been so busy last night pre-packing, so that I wouldn't be late the next day, I had forgotten to set up an alarm.

"Shit!" As quickly as I possibly could, I threw off all my clothes, ran into the shower, got dressed in the clothes I had laid out the night before, grabbed the rest of my stuff and headed downstairs. I had no time, or stomach, for Daisy's awful breakfast, and spent most of my time just trying to say goodbye to her.

"Oh, I'm going to miss you so much little bro!" Daisy cried out. "This was too short. Promise me you'll call more frequently, okay."

"Okay! Okay!" I shouted out, trying to escape her clutches. "I promise sis. Could you let go of me now?"

After our goodbyes, I was off. Looking at my phone, I still had a slight chance to make it there on time. All I knew was that I had to get to Gramp's Lab before Red did. In my hurry to beat him there, I didn't think about why, I just had to be first. It wasn't until I got half way there that I started to think about my dream from earlier, no matter how hard I tried to forget it.

Really? Violet? I thought to myself, embarrassingly making my way up the steps up to Gramp's lab.