Lv 16: Uproar

"I am so sorry," were the first words that came out of my mouth, as I pulled my hand from under his. "I don't know what came over me earlier."

Damn! All of a sudden, I couldn't even face Red. The look on his face suggested he was confused about my apology, but then again, he didn't understand my side of the story.

"You're sorry?" Red asked, as if he hoped I wasn't.

"Yeah, I am." I firmly replied. "That's not the way I should have acted... I mean—"

Damn! Where was I going with this?

Listening to myself, I realized that I wasn't really explaining myself correctly. Beads of sweat began pouring down the side of my head as I struggled to find the right words to say.

If Blastoise hadn't warned us, if that Hiker hadn't interrupted us, there was no telling what I would have done with Red in that moment of weakness...

"It's okay Blue." Red replied, looking up at the sky, as if defeated. "You know I was the one who kissed you first, right? I should be the one apologizing. I see it meant nothing to you. I get it."

"Now wait a minute!" I boldly raised my voice at him. "That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just meant that... you and I shouldn't have... I mean, our first time should... No, I mean—"

In all my life I had never felt more frustrated, scared or intimidated by anything. Taking in a deep breath, I cleared my mind and tried to focus. Whenever I got myself in a difficult situation, I would do this to think of a rational solution out of it. I knew this wasn't the same as facing a strong opponent, or coming across a powerful and rare Pokémon in the wild, but it was just as, if not more, important than any of those things.

"Red," I slowly started off by saying, "I'm sorry for trying to force myself on you. I never meant to force you into doing anything with me. You don't have to apologize for anything. I just wanted to let you know what I felt."

The long pause that followed nearly killed me. Red seemed more shocked about it than I had anticipated. Looking back on it, he must have never felt, or had the slightest idea, that this was even an issue.

DAMN! I should have just kept my big mouth shut!

"Oh, I see." He calmly replied, nervously tapping his fingers on the railing, and after what seemed like another never ending pause, he asked me something that caught me off guard again. "What about Daphne?"

"What?!"

"Nothing." Red shook his head and attempted to laugh, but a crack in his voice kept him from doing so. "It's nothing Blue. Forget I said anything. Forget we did anything. Just forget about it."

Just forget about it?

Those words actually seemed to hurt more than help, especially coming from Red. I didn't just want to forget about it. With the blood in me coming to a boil, the last thing I would do was 'just forget about it'. Instead, I decided to actually do something.

"You did kiss me first, didn't you?" I quietly told him, turning the tables on the situation. "Are you sorry about what happened earlier?"

Red literally turned red. His eyes grew wide, just before answering.

"No, I'm not." He answered in a strong, firm voice. "Blue, I—"

Before he could finish, he paused and looked at me. I was confused, until I looked down and realized how much I was actually shivering. Perhaps it was because it had begun to get a little cold outside, though honestly it was probably more with how nervous I was finally talking about all this stuff with Red.

Suddenly I found myself wrapping in Red's, as he tried to comfort me and keep me warm.

"It's okay," He began to tell me, "let's go back inside."