Chapter 7 - "Palm Springs"

// heyyy srry i havent update in a hot min. Im trying so hard to finish this chapter but i didnt know wha to write for the longest so i think ready neow so enjoy <3

Tw: the f slur use

Narratives perspective

Monty woke up on the bed of the young man he had sex with last night. When monty got up, they planned to go to palm springs together. They stayed in a vacation house and even had a very special moment together. This is where the story continues

Winstons perspective

I woke up on one of the many beds in the Vacation House. I was laying on Monty's chest after we had sex last night. He looked cute while he was sleeping. Well that's kind of a understatement since he looked good at anything he did, but he looks peaceful when he's sleeping. I didn't want to wake him so i slid myself off his arms that were wrapped around me and got out of bed. I went to the bathroom and got ready for the day..-our day. While getting ready, I start to think to myself. Part of me was saying that Montygomery was probably my soulmate and we're meant for each other. Even though we're complete opposite. However, part of me was also so i'm an idiot to think that this fantasy I am thinking about with Monty will never come true because he can't accept himself since he has a homophobic father. I always cared what people think of me. Weather it be calling me a faggot or some other slur or whatever. But with Monty, He never cared what people had to say about it. On the outside. Was that a jock/loner thing or a Monty/Winston thing? I hear movements from the bed. I could tell monty was getting up.

Montygomery's perspective

I woke up with me just in the bed. I could tell Winston was in the bathroom so I just laid in bed wide awake, letting my thoughts take over. I was thinking about what him and I did yesterday. More specifically what he told me while we were watching the sunset. "I like you, Monty." He told me yesterday. I let my emotions get the best of me that day and told him i'm a horrible person...because I am. I did shit. Not just bullying kids at liberty, but literal crimes. I did all these crimes..just so i can protect my best friend, Bryce Walker. Former best friend. He hates my guts now. Winston is all i have left. However, if he finds out what i did to Tyler....-I stopped myself from thinking of that and finally had the courage to get out of bed. I walk over to the bathroom that Winston was in. He sprayed cologne on his neck, where i still see my hickey that i left on him last night. "Good morning." I say with a slight smile. He turns his head towards me and gives me a bright smile with a "Good Morning. Montgomery." I got kind of hard when he said my full first name. "What are we gonna do today, Winston Williams." I say with the tease of him using my full name. He chuckles. "I know it's early in the morning but I wanted us to try something I made before we got here." He says as he walks to one of his suitcases in the room. He pulls out these gummies. Laced gummies. I laugh and walk other to him holding up the bag. "Holy shit." I say with a bright smile. He chuckles and closes the curtains of the room so we don't get our eyes peeled while we're high on some fucking gummies. After consuming the whole bag, we lay on the floor with our eyes widen and our shoulders touching looking at the celling. "Is the celling moving for you too?" Winston asked me. I replied with a simple but high "Yeah." "What do you see?" He asked. "Some Bullshit Mural." I said while us both laughing hysterically. "What about you." I said so quietly that it could be considered a whisper. "Two boys. A Jock and a Photographer. The photographer takes pictures of the jock and considers him as his model. After The jock finishes the modeling, The photographer stands near the jock and lays his head on his shoulder. He takes one last photo of them two together. Both smiling bright." It clicked and that Winston was talking about us. "Monty." He says softly. "Yes." I say. He turns his head to me and then his whole body and says, "I think-...Since i never said this to anyone when it came down to relationships but, I love you." My heart explode and my mouth slightly open, trying to find a word to say. I didn't say 'i love you' back. Why didn't I? Perhaps I couldn't because I hear my phone ring. I get up to pick it up, it's charlie. I decide to pick up. This is when i received the news that my former best friend is missing.

Winston's perspective

I didn't know what the phone call was about. All i see is small tears coming down monty's face. After the call finished, I got up and asked him 'What's wrong.' He then says something that pained me. "I have to go." Maybe the call was from that Drunk Asshole of A father that monty has but i didn't know. "What? Why." I say as monty grabs his stuff and walks out while calling an Uber. He walks out the door as I am telling him to wait up. He then turns around with a red face and tears down his eyes. "Look man just leave me the fuck alone right. This was such a big mistake, coming here with you." He says angrily but with a pitch of sadness and i hope a pitch of a lie for the last part of his statement. "No don't say that, I thought we had a amazing time but tell me whats wrong." I say desperately. He then shouts at me saying "Just fuck off! Just pretend this whole bullshit trip or whatever never happened!" I lost my cool and yelled, "Can you just tell me what the fuck is wrong!" "My best friend went missing while i spent my time with a faggot." He screamed. I was shocked and took a step back. It's like everything we did just went out the window. Having sex during the night of homecoming, spending time in palm springs, telling him that I loved him. It felt like none of that happened. I was back to what he thought i was. Just a random faggot. He got in his uber and was gone. Tears were streaming my face. I guess the other part of me was right. The part that said I was an idiot to think monty would love me back. The problem was...I still loved him. Maybe you can call what we have is toxic or I don't know. I was mad at him at the moment but i took a deep breathe and realized what he's going through. I went to grab my things from the beach house. They was no reason for me to stay. So I took a long depressing drive back to Evergreen. While driving I thought to myself. Am i not good enough for love. Do I even know what love is?

/// Yea sooo its been months since i've started this part but never finished it shebehdjjdjd but i finally finished it. meaning i will finish this whole story these next few days purrrd. hope yall enjoyed this cringe part of the story.