Absquatulate

Verb- to leave without saying goodbye.

The party life was often one of the most disapproved lifestyles. There were several reasons as to why, most of them revolving around of the idea of wasting away life, drinking way too much, having sex with people you wouldn't remember, and leading yourself down a path where just partying wasn't enough.

Huge mansions, owned by rich businessmen and political figures, were home to some of the largest parties. No one knew of the scandalous parties, the ones where the underage kids drank until they collapsed. No party guest could remember the name of the person they had shared an intimate night with, nor could they remember the amount of drinks they had. And in the end, they did it again.

The perfect middle class family's underage son threw a party while his parents were away, inviting over all of his underage buddies. Alcohol was passed around like a collection bucket was at church. Teenagers gave into the desires of their lust, ignoring the morals that their parents tried to instill in them. Time passed in blurs, everything overlapping. By the morning, not a soul could remember what happened the night previous. It wasn't only the middle class family's son that threw parties, any teenager could throw a party when their parents went out of town.

Draco Malfoy wasn't the exception. He no longer lived with his parents, who had thrown grand parties at least once a month, but he still loved the party life. He'd become addicted to that life, to the life of partying. He couldn't get enough of the partying. He just couldn't stop.

He loved the partying, the way the alcohol burned the back of his throat. He loved waking up in another person's bed, regardless of whether it was that of a male or female- he never remembered waking up in the bed of someone who identified as neither. He loved the loud thrum of the music played by the DJ, given that he was sober- loud noises hurt when he was hungover. He was simply addicted to the party life.

His boyfriend, Harry, disapproved of partying in general. He simply disagreed with the whole notions of parties altogether. It was also worth mentioning that Harry refused to so much as drink the tiniest bit of alcohol- he just found no purpose in drinking any. Harry said that partying was just a bad coping mechanism that only led to worse things.

Twenty five years ago, James Potter, was driving home with Lily and their one year old son- Harry James Potter. Darkness enveloped them, fought off only by the bright headlights of James's car. The narrow road that led to the smaller groups of backroads, which eventually led the Potter Cottage was always dangerous to drive on- especially during the night. A shrill scream from Lily came too late, too late for James to pull out of the way of a drunk driver. Both Lily and James died, while their son Harry survived only with a lightening shaped scar.

Draco just shrugged off Harry's warnings and continued to go out and party. He'd drink too much, stumble around, and wake up in someone's bed without any clothes on. He'd allow himself to sober up, go home, try to recall what happened the night previous, and call Harry to ask if he'd like to eat dinner at a fancy restaurant.

Draco wouldn't consider the stories he told Harry as lies, but rather what happened in his mind, where everything was perfect. "Of course I went to Pansy's house. We shared a bottle of wine, talked about our days at Hogwarts Academy, had a splendid dinner over another bottle of wine, and sat on her patio. And then, I left."

What this story failed to mention was practically everything that happened that wasn't perfect. It was a well crafted lie, leaving everything negative that happened out. "Of course I went to Pansy's house, she was having a party! We shared a bottle of beer while playing strip poker, talked about the sexually scandalous stuff we got up to in Hogwarts Academy, had more beer while we nibbled on snacks, and we went to her bedroom to finish what we started back in the Academy. And then, I passed out in her bed, naked next to her."