Chapter 12: True Terror

"OHOHOHO! OHOHOHO!" Charlotte laughed evilly. She placed her hand over her mouth, similar as to how a typical villainess would. Her face contorted as she relished in her actions.

"C—Charlotte? What are you—" River stammered. He was leisurely walking to his class when suddenly, he had stumbled upon a shocking scene before him. His beloved younger sister, Charlotte, had pushed someone into the fountain. Judging from their clothing, it seems to be a female student from the academy. As she fell, her head smacked against the stone and in the process, caused her forehead to bleed upon impact. The colour of the fountain water tinged red with her blood.

"How dare you talk to His Highness when his fiancée is right here?" she pointed manicured nail to the student. The girl started shivering and was unable to meet her gaze.

'What is going on? My sister wouldn't do something like this!' River stared in disbelief. And also, why was Charlotte's beautiful straight hair permed into a drill? She looked absolutely ridiculous!

"Lady Charlotte! Your jealousy has gone too far! How could you physically harm another student? She almost died!" Ezekiel boomed. River hadn't even noticed that His Highness had been standing there all along.

'Wait a second! Why on earth would Charlotte get jealous over that dumb idiot?' River wanted to intervene. Surely there's been some kind of mistake. Yes! Maybe if he saw her inner thoughts, everything would be cleared up!

But when River turned to look at his sister, his expression immediately fell. Because in front of her, the familiar dialogue box was missing. What happened to it? Did it disappear? Is that why her personality changed?

"Lady Charlotte. I've lost all respect for you now. Your personality is as ugly as your drill locks. Honestly, even I wouldn't see you as someone attractive," another voice spoke up. It was Caspian, who had suddenly appeared from the crowds. He looked at Charlotte with displeasure etched on his face.

'Wait a second! I agree that my sister's drill locks are unbecoming of her looks but, she is far from ugly. Just yesterday, you were pestering her to go on a date!' River internally yelled. He was angry that this baboon would dare say his cute sister is ugly. 

"I'm disappointed to have you as my sister!"

'Wait! Who said that? W- Was that me? What am I saying?'

Unfortunately for him, it was indeed River himself who spoke.

But, his body was doing it completely against his will. Internally, he thought differently but, his mouth moved by its own accord.

River tried to hold himself back however, his feet brought him forward. As he walked towards his sister, he could see from the corner of his eyes that Ezekiel was helping the girl up to his feet and on to drier ground. River swiftly turned his body around, facing his sister who had narrowed her eyes at him. She was looking at him angrily, raising her hands above her head and then...

'Wait Charlotte—'

SLAP!

The resounding sound of skin hitting another echoed through the hallways. Everyone else gasped in surprise, including River. 

Charlotte, who had always been calm and collected, and the prime model of a perfect lady, had slapped him right in the face. River couldn't be anymore shaken as the pain throbbed his right cheek.

"I HATE YOU BROTHER!"

Did his lovely sister just hit him and shouted that she hates him?

"You are expelled from the household, you utter disgrace. The Bellarose will never acknowledge a violent person such as yourself as part of the family," he said slowly, pushing his glasses up. It was surprising that his glasses didn't fly from his face.