𝐠𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐧

chapter 6, gimme the gun

As soon as Reese found Sarah and Topper they were already talking about leaving and that's when Reese noticed how dark it had truly become. Kids were huddled around a fire and a lot of people were starting to disperse from the party. Topper had his arm around Sarah as Reese walked behind following the two. Their walking was interrupted by the two pogues.

"Hey, hey. Hey, Sarah!" JJ said stoping Sarah in her path "Sarah, can I interest you in a tasty Milwaukee beverage?" he said pushing the cup towards her. Reese laughed shaking her head as the blonde edged the kooks on.

"No, thanks." Sarah said quietly.

"Is it not fancy enough for you?" he asked laughing. He locked eyes with Reese as a blush fell over his face.

"No. We were just leaving." Sarah said.

"You leaving too Angel?" JJ said looking towards Reese who nodded slightly.

"Hey, you know what? I'll take it." Topper said trying to pull the cup from his hands. "I'll... Thank you, man. I appreciate it." he stuttered.

"That's nice, but I didn't ask you. If you said pretty please, maybe, but you didn't." JJ said again edging Topper on. Reese again made eye contact with JJ shaking her head.

"Oh, pretty please." Topper said pleasing JJ's wishes.

"Yeah. Sarah." JJ said turning towards the shorter girl.

"Pretty please?" Topper injected again.

"You can have it." JJ said ignoring Toppers words.

"She doesn't want it, you..." Topper said smacking the cup out of JJ's hands, which caused JJ to shove him.

"No, no, no, no." Sarah said trying to pull back Topper before anything got escalated.

"You're so funny, man." JJ said laughing.

"Dirty Pogues!" Topper shouted and that's all it took for John B to throw a punch.

"We're supposed to be incognito, remember?" Pope said running to John and pushing him back.

"Babe, babe, babe, babe..."  Sarah said trying to step in between Topper and John and that's when Kelce grabbed the girl pulling her out of the way. Topper threw a punch at John causing him to groan in pain.

"Guys? Guys!" Sarah said trying to get the two boys to stop. Reese stood pretty entertained by the fight until Topper shoved John to the ground and stood over him.

"Hey, John B, don't make me drown you like your old man, all right?" Topper said and that made the girls blood boil.

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" the crowd had started to build up as people chanted. The boys came moving towards Reese about to knock her over when JJ wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her towards him. John tackled Topper sending the both into the water.

"Topper stop!" Reese yelled now finding her voice.

"Give it to him!" JJ said as Reese sent him a look smacking him upside the head.

"John B, let it go!" Pope yelled begging them to stop.

"Stop, you guys!" Kie joined in.

"Topper! Stop!" Sarah begged her boyfriend. The two continued to fight pinning each other in the water.

"Come on, John B!"

"JJ you need to do something." Reese begged the blonde who was still snaked around her waist.

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" the crowd continued to cheer.

"That's what I'm talkin' about! Come on!" JJ shouted as John landed a punch.

"JJ!" Reese yelled over the crowd. "Stop encouraging them." the girl begged.

"Come on! Yeah, you wanna go?" Topper said now yelling at John B.

"Stop!" Kie yelled taking in the magnitude of the fight. "John B!" she yelled again.

"Oh! Topper!" Sarah yelled trying to get the attention of her boyfriend.

"Come on, Topper!" John yelled angrily.

And that's when Topper got the upper hand. He pinned John down at he tried to throw punches back but Topper has Johns head in a firm grasp pushing his face so he was breathing in only ocean water. John tried gasping every chance he got, but Topper truly was drowning the boy.

"Topper!" Sarah yelled. "Topper, stop! No!" Sarah begged her boyfriend who was now attempting to murder John. That's when JJ disappeared from Reese's side. John kept gasping for air fighting to keep breathing.

"Topper! Please stop!" Reese yelled.

"No!" Pope said looking towards Reese.

"I know. He's drowning him." the girl said now fully concerned for John B's life.

And all the sudden a clicking noise was heard as JJ held a gun to Toppers head.

"Yeah, you know what that is. Your move, broski." JJ said venom lacing his words.

"- JJ!" Sarah yelled.

"Oh my god." Reese whispered. "JJ!" she yelled.

"Chill!" Pope said trying to calm down his friend.

"Stop! JJ!" Sarah yelled. "Put the gun down." she begged.

"Did you say somethin', princess?" JJ spat back towards her.

"We're good. We're good." Topper said now in fear for his life.

"Put the gun down!" Sarah yelled.

"JJ!" Reese yelled. "JJ!" she repeated. She knew the boy could hear her. "JJ! Look at me!" she shouted as his eyes shot to hers, he immediately took the gun away from Topper as Sarah ran over to grab her boyfriend.

"Kie! Can you check your psycho friend, please?" Sarah shouted.

"Sarah shut up!" Reese yelled in defense of JJ. JJ walked past his friends as well as Reese and looked in the air.

"Okay, everyone, listen up! Get the hell off our side of the island!" he yelled firing two warning shots into the air. Reese ran over to the boy placing her hands on his chest.

"JJ, gimme the gun." she said as his eyes peeled towards her tears pricking them. His shaking hand placed the gun into hers.

"I-I'm sorry" he said quietly containing his emotion.

"Are you crazy? You idiot! Stupid!" Pope shouted at the boy as Reese held the gun in her hand, she quickly turned the safety back on as she found JJ's backpack and slipped it inside.

"Why do that? It's not worth it!" Kie said pushing the boy backward.

"I'm saving his life, okay?" JJ defended himself. Reese walked to where Topper and Sarah were waiting for the girl as JJ's eyes followed her all the way there. Did she really have this much power over him?

________________


so how we feeling?

the amount of power reese has over jj
y i k e s

(1060)