𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐦 & 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

chapter 17, fall for him & change his life

Love, an intense feeling of deep affection.

Reese barely believed in the idea of love. The only person the girl had ever loved was Rafe Cameron, and it was never the way he wanted her to love him. The two had met when she was 6 and he was 9 and the first thing the boy ever told her was that he would marry her one day.

Her parents were the only example of a marriage that she'd ever known and in every couple, she could only point out the problems in their relationship, she could never see the good. I mean how could you see the good in something so fatally designed. Being married to one person for 'the rest of your life' was never set up for success. At this point in her life, Reese never liked the idea of getting married, of settling down, it all felt like a social construct where rich people would get married to other rich people and that was something she never wanted.

Of course, Reese never believed that what Rafe declared would ever happen but as she grew up it was almost like it wasn't just Rafe who dreamed of that, it was her parents, the Kooks, and even the Pogues knew that Reese Carmicheal belonged to the eldest Cameron.

Until she met JJ Maybank, love was a word that was misused and overrated. Of course, meeting JJ wasn't love at first sight, the boy and girl hated each other.

The day they met was always one of Reese's least favorite days. She had just started working at her mother's store on her 11th birthday and JJ was the youngest person to probably enter the store, yet he was the best surfer in Kildare even at that age, after Reese of course. From that day on the Maybank boy seemed to find himself in Grace Carmicheal's shop at least once a week, whether he needed anything or not, he just wanted to see Reese's smile.

Reese never understood how someone could be so infuated with her. The girl hated herself, the way she grew up all prestigious, the way she would never have to worry about money in her life, and how she would never live that life to the fullest.

But upon connecting with the Pogues this all changed, she started living again, she started wanting to live again, & most importantly she started to feel love again. Who would've thought that the Pogues would be the people to make Reese Carmicheal feel love again?

Today the Pogues were diving down to search for the gold, although this attempt would be unsuccessful it filled the Carmicheal girl with joy to know that John B may get what he had been searching for. Reese decided to head back to Figure Eight to sort out any of the mess that would have been left behind due to her disappearances recently.

"Reese sweetie," Grace Carmicheal said softly as she opened the door to find the young girl looking at a few of the photos she had taken with JJ. She quickly hid the phone as she smiled back at her mother.

"What's up Mom?" Reese asked looking at her mother's posh figure. A sundress grazing her skin resembling the soft yellow painted on the ceiling of Reese's room, she had always been fond of her mother rather than her father, his cold demeanor always left a sour taste in the mouth of their relationship.

"I feel like you've been kind of MIA lately, what have you been up to?" Grace said sitting on the edge of Reese's bed, Reese adjusted her position so she now facing her mother.

"Oh, uh I-, been with Sarah and Rafe, just around the island." Reese stuttered, probably should've come up with a lie before she came home.

"Reese." her mother said locking eyes with her. Something in Reese trusted her mother with the truth of where she been although she knew that if her father asked her mother she would have to tell him. Grace did anything Tyler asked her to, she had always been scared of the man.