𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮

chapter 16, i wanna be with you.

"2020 Malibu, 24-MXC," Pope said as the three teens stood eyeing Topper's boat. "The world's finest wakesetter. Number one in quality, luxury, and performance." Pope continued. Reese stood next to JJ as she watched the two boys. JJ's eyes locked with Reese's as he sent her a soft smile calming her anxieties.

"This is war, Pope. They hit us, we hit them." JJ voiced grabbing a face covering, pulling it so you could only see his eyes. Reese watched the boy carefully, it was as if causing mayhem fueled his existence.

"How am I supposed to hide who I am?" Reese asked sassily looking at the two boys. JJ reached into his pocket pulling out a pair of sunglasses and placing them perfectly on the girl's face as his index finger trailed down her cheek and left a burning trail of blush along the her face both of them quickly shaking off the feeling.

"Do it," JJ said. And with those words, Pope made a very unattractive and terribly formed dive into the water.

"What if someone sees us?" Reese said turning her body towards JJ. His eyes met hers sending her a soft glance.

"No ones gonna see us, Angel," he said snaking an arm around her waist. Her anxieties drifted away once again as her body fell closely into JJ's.

The two watched as Pope made his way to the Thornton's boat, eventually, Pope climbed onto the boat looking around for what JJ had explained to the boy would sink it. The boy leaned down grabbing the plug and pulled it out as it started to sink, hissing and bubbling. Pope quickly left making another failed attempt at a dive, he swam rapidly towards the boy and the girl. JJ's eyes met Reese's as a devious grin pooled across the Maybank boy's face. Pope climbed into the boat as JJ started to praise the boy.

"Wow, you did it. I'm so proud of you right now. Holy crap." JJ started to hype up the boy looking at the plug in his hands. Reese had a bright smile placed across her face as she watched the boy next to her so happy. Although fear bubbled from her toes but quickly dispersed as JJ traced shapes on her side.

"JJ?" Pope spoke frantically, grabbing the boy by the shoulders pulling him away from Reese.

"Yeah?" JJ responded.

"You can't tell anybody." The Heyward boy desperately stated. He turned to Reese as well, "You either."

"Oh, no, yeah. Totally, dude." JJ said nonchalantly. Reese looked at the boys carefully nodding along with JJ.

"No, I'm serious, guys. Not Kie, not John B, nobody." Pope said frantic, "And especially not your death squad Reese."

"Of course Pope I got you," Reese said placing a hand on the boy's shoulder hoping to ease his anxiety.

"Yup, my lips are sealed." JJ said as he reached for the plug "Give me that. Give me that." he said taking the plug from his hands and throwing it as far as he possibly could. "Okay! Let's get outta here." JJ said as Pope walked to start the boat. Reese sat in the stern of the boat, eyeing the two boys having a conversation.

"So, you and Carmichael?" Pope asked looking at the boy hushing his voice so he was hopefully out of the girls hearing.

"Shut up," JJ responded very quickly, denying any accusations of being involved with the girl.

"I see the way you look at her dude, and I saw you guys almost kiss last night," he said giving the boy a questionable look.

"Okay, well maybe I like her," he said quietly and of all the things Reese hadn't heard that was the part of the conversation that she did. A smile grew across her lips as she watched the two boys converse JJ's eyes drifting towards the girl every once in a while. He eventually made his way to the stern of the boat sitting down next her.