Chapter 6

Skyler

Skyler

A week passed by since Shane accepted his defeat. I was pretty surprised by it because he was the one who proposed it in the first place and I knew he was not one who accepts his own's defeat so easily.

As shocking it might be it's for the best. I didn't want to be his enemy and this was the first step. I was loving it. For the first time in a while, things are on track and it was everything I could ask for.
"Skyler. Tell me about my schedule for today." As I told him his schedule and glanced over at him. He looks so attractive in that suit, typing on the computer. He shifts his gaze from his computer to me.
"Ok. Arrange all the papers for the meeting and also can you bring me a cup of coffee?"

He says with a smile. I feel myself blushing to it."Okay.Anything Else."

"No. You will have to go through the contract and you will assist me in the meeting since you know Turkish." I nod my head and go back to get his coffee. I make his coffee the way he likes it and place it on a tray. When I was about to go to his cabin, I was stopped by Ron.

He was talking about a party at his place. I thought it would be a great idea to mingle. I don't have many friends and it would be nice to go out rather than sitting at home.
"Skyler, In my office NOW."

I was talking to Ron and completely forgot about his coffee. He called me in a stern commanding voice. I take a look at him. He had his fists balled up as his eyes narrowed as his jaw tightened. I had never seen him like this. Oh, shoot. He is angry.
"I need to go Ron. I will think about it."

"Sure. Here's my number. I will text you the address. I hope you come." He hands me a piece of paper and I run into his cabin.
"I am so sorry. Your coffee is cold now. Do you want me to reheat it?"

"Keep the tray here." He says in a cold tone. Phew! He didn't say anything. "I have arranged the files for the meeting," I say to him and that's when he asked. I was taken aback by his words. "What were you both talking about?"

"You mean Ron." I double-checked. "Yes."

I was confused why he wants to know what we were talking about. He is my boss but he doesn't have to know what I talk to with others. "Excuse me, What?"

"Simple question." He hissed. I saw the anger radiating in his eyes. I don't know the reason why but I very well knew now is not the time to argue so I told him whatever we were talking about. "He just invited me to his place for a party."

He commanded and I was surprised. "You won't go to that party and you will stay away from Ron." What? Did he just order me? He starts typing on his laptop and I take a minute to analyze it.

Is he jealous? I like this bossy side of his but that doesn't mean he will control me. "What? I don't understand." after which he stood up from his chair and came up close to me. I took a step backward as he came closer.